HANOI, Aug. 1 (Vietnam News-ANN/Xinhua): Ho Chi Minh City along with 18 southern provinces and cities will continue to enforce lockdown measures in line with the Government's Directive 16 for two more weeks, per a dispatch issued by Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh.
The original lockdown order for the entire southern region with a population of about 35 million people, effective since July 19, was set to expire on August 1 but the fourth-wave Covid-19 outbreak has shown no signs of letting up.
The Prime Minister wants all localities under Directive 16 – which includes measures like the closure of all non-essential businesses, leaving home only for essential goods and services, and suspension of public transport – to strictly abide by the rules and stand ready to roll out more stringent measures if necessary.
Vietnam, meanwhile, recorded 8,620 new Covid19 cases on Sunday (Aug 1), including 8,597 locally transmitted and 23 imported, according to its Ministry of Health.
The new infections brought the total tally to 154,306, with at least 1,306 deaths, the ministry said.
Among the community cases, 4,052 were reported in the southern epicenter Ho Chi Minh City, 2,179 in the nearby southern Binh Duong province, and 569 in the southern Long An province.
As many as 43,157 Covid-19 patients have so far recovered, up 4,423 from Saturday, while 6.2 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines have been administered nationwide, according to the ministry.
As of Sunday, Vietnam has registered a total of 152,044 domestically transmitted Covid-19 cases, including 150,474 detected since the start of the latest outbreak in late April, the ministry said.
- Vietnam reports seven imported Covid-19 cases on Wednesday
- Mumbai: Dharavi reports nine new COVID-19 cases today; Mahim's coronavirus tally rises by 14
- Mira Bhayandar reports 65 new COVID-19 cases, 45 people recover in the last 24 hours
- Singapore reports 3 new COVID-19 cases, 58,242 in total
- Manzhouli reports 2 new COVID-19 cases
- Belgium reports 859 new COVID-19 cases
- Kyrgyzstan reports 327 new COVID-19 cases
- Libya reports 608 new COVID-19 cases
- Surat reports 222 new COVID-19 cases, 276 recoveries; 3 die
- Ecuador reports 909 new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam records 1 new COVID-19 case, 1,367 in total
- China's Inner Mongolia reports no new COVID-19 cases
- Afghanistan reports 276 new COVID-19 cases, 47,256 in total
- Brunei reports no new COVID-19 cases, 1 more recovery
- Kyrgyzstan reports 295 new COVID-19 cases
- Hong Kong reports 100 new COVID-19 cases, exceeding 7,000 in total
- Hong Kong reports 78 new COVID-19 cases, 29 with unknown origin
- New Zealand reports 6 new COVID-19 cases in managed isolation
- New Zealand reports 3 new COVID-19 cases in managed isolation
- Hong Kong reports 86 new COVID-19 cases, 37 untraceable
Vietnam reports 8,620 new Covid-19 cases, 154,306 in total; southern region lockdown extended by two weeks have 377 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.