PETALING JAYA: There will be "consequences" for Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob over his apparent support for Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, says party president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
Ahmad Zahid told news portal The Vibes that Ismail Sabri had agreed with the Umno supreme council's decision on Tuesday (Aug 3) to withdraw its support for Muhyiddin and pull out of the Perikatan Nasional government.
On Wednesday (Aug 4), however, Ismail Sabri stood behind Muhyiddin during the live telecast of the Prime Minister's special address.
"He was at the meeting (on Tuesday) and told the supreme council members he will follow the party's decision," Ahmad Zahid was quoted as saying on Wednesday.
Ahmad Zahid said the supreme council will follow the party's constitution in taking action against Ismail Sabri.
"There will be consequences for his appearance (with Muhyiddin), where he is not supporting the party's decision.
"I will leave it to the disciplinary board," he said.
During Wednesday’s address, Muhyiddin said there was no need for him to resign as he still enjoyed majority support in the Dewan Rakyat despite Umno’s withdrawal.
Muhyiddin added that he will prove it through a motion of confidence in Parliament in September.
This followed an audience with the King at Istana Negara the same day.
- What Today's Facebook Supreme Court Case Means for Free Speech Online
- BREAKING NEWS: Beto O'Rourke QUITS 2020 race as campaign runs out of cash - after launching run on the front of Vanity Fair saying: 'Man, I'm just born to be in it.'
- Leapfrogging to BS-VI suits India best, says ICCT
- No Fixed Abode: High-Low, High-Low, It’s Off To Work You Go
- LeBron James signs for LA Lakers in £117MILLION deal after leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers
- GST gets green signal, set to be an industry game-changer
- A Journey into the Wild, Complex and Unique World of Football in Iran
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Johnny Manziel Far from a Lock for CFL Success
- VW emissions scandal: Nine VW vehicles have false CO2 ratings
- Kabylia, Algeria and Taking Huge Risks to Play Football for Your Homeland
- The Latest: Florida OKs measure broadening victims’ right
- The Latest: Florida’s US Senate race is too close to call
- Clay Travis of Outkick the Coverage Visits the ‘Curt Schilling Podcast’
- FIFA Averts ‘Institutional Crisis’ by Delaying Major Vote
- We crossed our hurleys with the lion's claw and emerged victorious
- This Aggression Will Not Stand, Man: Portland Declares War On Working Panthers
- Federal Judge Overturns Public Vote in Houston, Texas
- No Fixed Abode: Where were you when the convertible died?
- Anto Finnegan remembers the day Antrim toppled Down to end 18 years of hurt
- Sports & Politics Intersect: Eric Reid finds safety with Panthers
Zahid says Ismail Sabri to face 'consequences' for going against Umno supreme council have 452 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.