Washington, DC ● Wed, September 15 2021
United States President Joe Biden will host a first in-person summit of leaders of the Quad countries — Australia, India, Japan and the US — which have sought to boost cooperation to push back against China’s growing assertiveness.
The summit will be held at the White House in Washington on Sept. 24, Press Secretary Jen Psaki said in a statement.
The US visits of the prime ministers of Australia, India and Japan — Scott Morrison, Narendra Modi and Yoshihide Suga — will coincide with the United Nations General Assembly in New York, which Biden will address on Sept. 21.
At an online meeting of the Quad leaders in March, they pledged to work closely on COVID-19 vaccines and climate and ensure a free and open Indo-Pacific in the face of challenges from Beijing.
“Hosting the leaders of the Quad demonstrates the Biden-…
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- US military to stand with India, hints White House chief of staff
- White House turns on Fauci as Trump minimizes virus spike
- White House claims Donald Trump actually wants to 'increase' school funding when he threatened to cut it if schools don't reopen as CDC tears up guidance on safe classrooms he called 'too expensive'
- Donald Trump turns the White House into a rally venue again by posing under a Trump-branded crane to boast about 'deregulating' showers, dishwashers and lightbulbs and rant against Joe Biden claiming he will 'abolish the suburbs'
- White House virus task force member says 'none of us lie'
- White House Distances Itself From Latest Attack on Fauci
- The White House Made a List of All the Times Fauci ‘Has Been Wrong’ on the Coronavirus
- Trump turns White House into backdrop for political events
- Military Would ‘Escort’ Trump from White House if He Refuses to Cede Power in Election Loss - Biden
- Donald Trump claims 'I get along with and I like' Dr. Fauci despite his own White House aides calling him 'Dr. Faucet' and distribute list of medical expert's supposed mistakes
- White House virus task force member says ‘none of us lie’
- “That’s What He Was Getting At”: White House Tries To Explain Why Donald Trump Retweeted Chuck Woolery’s Claim That “Everyone Is Lying” About Coronavirus
- Woodward book offers damning assessment of Trump White House
- ABC News to air Bolton interview shortly before White House memoir release
- Fauci is sidelined by the White House as he steps up blunt talk on pandemic
- White House: Trump thinks payroll tax cut 'must' be part of next COVID-19 relief package
- Steve Hilton: 3 things Trump needs to do in 2020 if he wants to stay in the White House
- Bannon exit raises new questions for White House
- Trump hosting White House event to highlight deregulation efforts
- Professor predicts Kanye West could tap into 'protest vote' if he follows through with White House bid
Biden to host leaders of Australia, India, Japan at White House next week have 503 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.