JOHOR is working with Pahang and Terengganu to be the main supplier of fresh milk in the country.
Mentri Besar Datuk Hasni Mohammad said that the collaboration was among matters discussed with Pahang Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Wan Rosdy Wan Ismail and Terengganu Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Samsuri Mokhtar during their visit to Mersing recently.
"I also spoke to Finance Minister Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Tengku Abdul Aziz about this initiative by the three states to expand the fresh milk industry during his visit to Johor.
"In Johor, we have the Jemaluang Dairy Valley in Mersing, which could produce about 5.1 million litres of milk a day.
"We are in the process of hiring contractors and anchor companies to develop the area to become a main fresh milk supplier," he said, adding the project in Johor was expected to start later this year with an initial allocation of RM70mil.
Hasni said this after a house key handing over ceremony in Iskandar Puteri.
Abdul Rahim is glad his four-year wait has finally ended with the completion of his new house.
He added that the farm in Muadzam Shah, Pahang is already available while Terengganu has identified a location for the project in the state.
"All three states will be collaborating to be the main fresh milk supplier for the country," he said.
Meanwhile, Hasni said some 46 recipients received keys to their new homes under the Kampung Pendas Baru Fasa 2 housing relocation project.
The recipients were from Kampung Ladang Darat, which was developed.
During the first phase of the development project, Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB) had built 72 units of houses, which were completed in 2011.
"In a census, we found out about 46 families (from Kampung Ladang Darat) were not in the initial list.
"The state government discussed with IIB to collaborate and provide homes for these families.
"They agreed to build the homes if the state government could provide land for the project," he said.
The second phase of the project is on 2.67ha of land, with a total cost of RM16.3mil.
"The residents were given titles to three-bedroom houses, which cost about RM300,000 each.
"There are public facilities such as a surau and an open space for recreational activities.
"Iskandar Puteri City Council also has plans to build a market here.
"I am glad the residents now have a comfortable home to live in," said Hasni.
Among those receiving their keys was Ahmad Abdullah, 66, who was excited to move into his new house.
"My previous house had holes on the roof and water would enter whenever it rained.
"Finally, my family and I have a comfortable place to live in," he said.
Abdul Rahim Jamali, 64, said he was glad that his four-year-wait had finally ended with the completion of the project.
"I have been renting a house in Johor Baru while waiting for this house to be completed.
"Now that I have received the keys, I will move in as soon as possible.
"I really miss the 'kampung' environment and am happy to finally be able to experience it again," he said.
- Virgin Galactic bounces back from tragedy with big plans for the future
- Big Tech still pursuing oil industry deals despite pledges to slash emissions
- Small Business Saturday: South Jersey stores, downtowns have big plans
- 'Meat candy,' mac and cheese and big plans: Gravity Smokehouse & BBQ plans Holt restaurant
- AT&T's Big Plan for HBO Is to Fill It With More Random Trash Like Netflix
- Sussex chef Bill Clifton has big plans for Brick Hotel restaurant
- Jio's Rs. 500 4G VoLTE Feature Phone, Moto E4 Plus Launch, Ola's Big Plans, and More: Your 360 Daily
- Dubai's big plans to revolutionize how we travel
- Kentucky Center for African American Heritage has big plans coming soon
- Chanticleer Holdings Announces Opening of First Little Big Burger in Texas
- Got Milk? Or Was That Really a Plant Beverage?
- United States Bakery Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Milk In Naked Bread Hamburger Buns
- Juicy fruit: South Africa's plums blossom into big business
- Finally, relief for 40 million Americans without 401(k) plans
- Talks held to stave off this week's big Tube strike being carried out by Piccadilly Line drivers across four days
- Sportradar Announces Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and TCV as New Strategic Partners
- What is the Dow Jones Industrial Average?
- How to Plan a Housewarming Party
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America Announces Top 2018 Mentors
- BYE BYE WORLD Launched Crowdfunding Project for BIG CLAPPER, Clapping Robot Attracts with Charming, Realistic Applause
Big plans to be at forefront of fresh milk industry have 756 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.