JELEBU (Bernama): The Federal Territories Ministry will create special "Green Zone" areas in 10 locations around Kuala Lumpur specifically as motorcycle parking lots for food and parcel delivery riders.
Deputy Federal Territories Minister Datuk Seri Jalaluddin Alias said the initiative would help facilitate and speed up the delivery of food and parcels by the riders.
“We already have a pioneer Green Zone area at Menara Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur that can be used by delivery riders.
“In addition, I have also discussed with the Kuala Lumpur mayor to implement this project immediately at 10 other areas, including in front of Pavillion, the Petronas Twin Towers (KLCC) in Jalan Ampang, and Sunway Putra," he told reporters after a community event in conjunction with the 2021 Malaysia Day celebration here Thursday (Sept 16).
Jalaluddin said the ministry would expand the pioneer project to Putrajaya and Labuan, adding that they would serve as examples to other states to implement such projects.
The Jelebu MP also voiced his support for government efforts to implement the Undi 18 initiative at the 15th General Election.
“I don't think implementing Undi18 is a big problem, rather it provides 18-year-olds the chance to elect their own leaders by making their best decision for the betterment of the country," he said.
Jalaluddin also launched the Aduan Waghih Jelebu programme via WhatsApp at 017-295 3550 to allow Jelebu residents to channel social welfare problems or suggestions.
He said the programme involved a vehicle convoy ferrying 250 food baskets to four locations, namely Pekan Titi, Simpang Durian, Air Hitam and Pekan Pertang, involving the state constituencies of Pertang and Sungai Lui. – Bernama
- Sofia: Blue and Green paid parking zones not operational today
- Three hours parking in Dublin city may rise to almost €10 this year
- Green light for Folly Hill homes appeal
- This is what it is actually like to be a Deliveroo rider in Bristol
- Glasgow buses get £1.14m to go green as new Low Emission Zone comes in
- Ham&High letters: Park gates, Green school run, CPZ, zebra into pelican, credit card scam warning, women’s talk and Brexit
- Glimmer of hope for borough’s green spaces
- Deliveroo riders strike in Nottingham city centre in pay dispute
- Deliveroo riders are going on strike today but won't say when
- Bid to speed up Clifton Enterprise zone and business park plan
- Glasgow buses get £1m to go green as new low-emission zone launched
- Blackpool Airport: New road needed to unlock enterprise zone's potential say bosses
- Lime scooter riders clockup 5936km on first day of launch
- Lime scooter riders clock up 5936km on first day
- Landowners trying to prevent airport expansion by opening park and ride
- Parking zones raise £13k in first month
- Derbyshire could soon be home to a giant water park
- Advice to reduce risk to horse riders on roads
- 'World class' water sports park in Long Eaton could open by summer
- Brand new waters sports park could open THIS summer
Green zone parking areas for delivery riders in KL have 471 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.