It said that it was a client of the MyIDENTITY system and did not own it, adding that after an internal investigation, it found that there was no data leak from LHDN's side.
The LHDN added that it would be working with the National Registration Department (NRD), the National Cyber Security Agency (NACSA) and the National Security Council (NSC) on the matter.
"We would like to guarantee that all the data and information in our possession is safe because it is protected with certified data security technology," it said in a statement on Tuesday (Sept 28).
It also said that it regretted a news report and allegations against LHDN, saying that it could affect the confidence of the public, especially of taxpayers.
It had been alleged earlier that a database was being sold online that purportedly contains the personal data of four million Malaysians.
The database – according to a tweet by Adnan Mohd Shukor – purportedly contains details such as names, emails, mobile numbers and addresses, and is grouped by birth year from 1979 to 1998.
- Data leak: Dept. to probe link to seat-blocking scam
- Candidates allege paper leak; govt warns them not to ‘tarnish its image’
- Data leak reveals how China 'brainwashes' Uighurs in prison camps
- Google sacks workers for data leak amid crackdown on employee activists
- PM, Top Politicians, Millions of Ordinary Swedes Targeted in Major Data Leak
- Magic Leap CEO says bulky "prototype" in leaked image wasn't company's AR device
- Panama Papers: Why 'John Doe' risked their life for the Mossack Fonseca leak
- Paytm MD’s secretary held for stealing boss’s data, seeking Rs 20 crore ransom
- Data of 14,200 HIV patients leaked in Singapore
- 'Nobody was watching, there was no security': Hackers behind the Ashley Madison leak reveal they have thousands of users' naked photos and explicit chats as they publish THIRD batch of files
- Google caught covertly collecting users’ location data: Here’s why you shouldn’t be paranoid
- Scott Morrison disturbed by Chinese spy allegations
- Leaked data were already public: Chtrbox
- RT to Investigate Situation Over Leaked Papers, Paycheck to Flynn
- Facebook could face fine if German users affected by Cambridge Analytica data breach
- Operating manual for Xinjiang's massive re-education camps allegedly revealed in leaked Chinese documents
- SEBI begins searches in the WhatsApp leak case
- Revealed: China's network of high-security jails where a MILLION Muslims are held and brainwashed are exposed in leaked documents
- 'He's morally unfit to be President': Comey annihilates Trump in TV interview saying he 'lies constantly', 'treats women like pieces of meat' and IS 'possibly compromised by Russia'
- 'You are a BIG pervert': The terrifying sextortion scam that threatens to leak a photo of users watching porn to ALL of their contacts
LHDN says not involved in alleged data leak have 433 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.