KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): An insurance agent was given three days' jail and fined RM8,000 or six months' jail in default by the Magistrate's Court on Tuesday (Sept 14) for driving against traffic flow on the Maju Expressway (MEX).
Magistrate Amanina Mohammad Anuar ordered Ng Zhen Kai, 24, to begin his jail sentence from Tuesday and his driving licence be suspended for five years.
Ng, as the driver of a Perodua Myvi, was allegedly driving in a dangerous manner at 11.05am on Sept 4 which could endanger the other highway users.
The offence under Section 42 (1) of the Road Transport Act 1987 carries a jail of up to five years and a fine not exceeding RM15,000. The offender could also be disqualified from holding or obtaining a driving licence for at least five years, and the probationary licence revoked.
Inspector Abdullah Khazali appeared for the prosecution while Ng was unrepresented.
On Sept 4, the media reported that police were tracking down a Perodua Myvi driver who was recorded driving against the traffic flow on the MEX Highway in a 19-second video that went viral on social media.- Bernama
- Man charged with driving 120 mph with children in the car
- Bail set for man accused of driving wrong way on I-91, hitting cruiser and 2 other cars
- Measure would include mandatory fines, jail tijme and restitution
- Man accused of driving under the influence could get $20,000 bill for smashed guardrail
- Man in alleged GoFundMe scam could face jail on traffic charges
- State Patrol IDs man killed after driving in the wrong direction on U.S. 24
- Keaau man dies in Kona traffic crash
- Albany man dies after driving off U.S. 20 into Willamette River near Corvallis
- Leeds man accused of driving to endanger on the Maine Turnpike
- Man gets jail in South St. Paul drive-by shooting that injured 2
- Minnesota lawmaker proposes tougher laws on distracted driving offenders
- Viadoom traffic, Day 2: State response teams prevented regional gridlock
- Angola man arrested in Toll Road stop
- Goodbye, viaduct: The highway closes for good after 66 years on Seattle’s waterfront
- Flashback: George, Jill and the Highway 101 sheep
- Bicyclist struck, killed riding on Highway 101 in Marin
- Revelers beware: Tougher drunken driving rules are now effect in Pennsylvania
- Man acting erratically struck, killed on westbound Interstate 70 near Burlington
- San Jose: Man dies after being hit by pickup truck
- Man struck, killed by train in Orange Park, FHP says
Man fined, jailed for driving against traffic on MEX highway have 378 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.