PUTRAJAYA: More economic sectors, including ones in states under Phase One of the National Recovery Plan, will be allowed to operate beginning Friday.
"Also, for states under Phases Two, Three and Four, face-to-face or physical meetings are allowed for individuals who have been fully vaccinated," said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob ( pic ).
For states under Phase One, a list of businesses will be allowed to operate provided the vaccination conditions are met.
The businesses are photography shops and services; used items shops; nurseries and florists; souvenirs and crafts; antique shops and toy shops.
Also allowed to operate under Phase One are carpet shops; creative content and equipment shops; outdoor shops, cosmetic shops as well as tobacco shops including outlets selling vape products and electronic cigarettes.
In announcing this, Ismail Sabri said the private sector in states under Phase Two can now operate at 60% capacity, if 40% of their employees are fully vaccinated.
Companies can operate at 80% capacity if 60% of their workers are fully vaccinated, and they can operate at full capacity if 80% of their staff have been fully vaccinated. CLICK TO ENLARGE
Also, transport modes for workers can take in 100% vehicle capacity if the workers are fully vaccinated.
Ismail Sabri said furniture factories in states under Phase Two will also be allowed to operate.
"The economic sectors in states under Phases Two and Three are allowed to undertake forestry management activities, including logging and forestry development," he said.
Social activities that are allowed under all phases include visiting Muslim graveyards while adhering to standard operating procedure (SOP) set by the state religious authorities.
Visits to non-Muslim graveyards are also allowed and the SOP will be as drawn up by the National Unity Ministry.
Cruise ships are allowed to operate at 50% capacity on the condition that all passengers and crew are fully vaccinated.
For states under Phases Two and Three, sports and physical contact recreational activities are allowed for both indoor and outdoor facilities.
Team sports and recreational activities which involve physical contact such as football, volleyball and takraw are allowed and are permitted for those who have been fully vaccinated.
Group physical activities such as aerobics and zumba at one place or premises can be conducted at 50% capacity or not more than 50 fully vaccinated participants.
- Video Friday: Robotic Submersible, Hair-Cutting Drone, and What Is a Robot?
- What does future hold for the offshore sector?
- Congress rewards NASA’s accomplishments with $1.3 billion in extra funding for 2016
- OPINION The 2010 World Order: Lateralized, Trillionized, Infotoxicated ...
- BMW wants to have the ‘coolest’ car-sharing service in town
- Net neutrality critic Ajit Pai elevated to FCC chairman, reports say
- Kickstart your phone by funding these apps, games, and accessories
- PODCAST The Consumerization of IT
- Obama restricts NSA telephone metadata collection program, calls for more changes
- Microsoft looks to fight cybercrime in Latin America with new facility in Mexico
- Gore's Nearsighted Internet Vision
- E-Commerce Impacts Commercial Real Estate Industry
- Ameritrade Joins With Sprint PCS To Make Wireless Trading A Reality
- 100 Days in, Few Clues about Trump’s Tech Agenda
- Nine Terror Scenarios
- 9 Earth-Imaging Start-ups to Watch
- Bitcoin Needs (Gasp!) Formal Governance
- Romney and Obama Surrogates Square Off on Energy
- Who Killed the Virtual Case File?
- Texas Outsourcing Contract Still Stumbling a Year Later
More sectors opening on Friday have 529 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.