Jakarta ● Wed, September 15 2021
The heaviness of the pandemic has inspired Indonesians to find mental guidance from spiritual gurus, even when if they are self-proclaimed.
Indri Weldaningsih started Club Spiritual after thinking of the many millennial Indonesians who needed spiritual guidance but weren’t able to find someone who could help them. The 43-year-old muralist/illustrator believes everyone should have access to a spiritual guide, no matter their socioeconomic background.
“The guru is ready when the seeker is ready,” she said.
And many millennials are ready, she added.
Indri’s own spiritual journey started when she began using her Facebook and Instagram accounts to post questions and musings about life and spirituality. It was meant as a tutorial but also a way for her to discover herself. The response was swift. Her followers began to…
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- 'The Amazon is the vagina of the world': why women are key to saving Brazil's forests
- 25 Years Gone: The Day Jerry Garcia Died Remembered by Bill Walton, Bruce Hornsby, Perry Farrell, Warren Haynes
- Prophet Ibrahim and the life of sacrifice
- The best indie games on Nintendo Switch (August 2020)
- Lord Chosen @ 16: Only God can do this
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Biden-Harris Democratic ticket is official
- Why Nigerian armed forces can’t fight terrorism—Tony Nyiam
- Under fire: how cinema's new breed of cowboys are taking aim at the old west
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area businesses see one of nation’s highest pandemic closure rates
- Coronavirus live updates: California hospitalizations continue downward trend
- Coronavirus live updates: 5 million coronavirus cases in US, most in world
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: August 7-8
- How to be most productive as your own manager and intern when you work for yourself
- Universal Pictures and Rogue Pictures 2010 Sneak Preview
- In memory of our heroes in the Mumbai police
Saving souls?: Indonesian millennials navigate tough times by relying on spiritual gurus have 341 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.