BERLIN (Reuters) – Exit polls of Germany’s federal election show that a so-called Jamaica coalition https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/jamaica-traffic-lights-or-kiwis-germanys-coalition-conundrum-2021-09-02 of conservatives, the Greens and the pro-business Free Democrats is possible, a senior politician of Angela Merkel’s CDU said on Sunday.
“The numbers show that there’s a possibility for a future-oriented coalition of the Union (CDU/CSU), the Greens, and the FDP,” Secretary General Paul Ziemiak told broadcaster ARD. “It will be a long election night.”
The CDU/CSU bloc won 25% of the vote, their weakest result in a post-war federal election and on a par with the centre-left Social Democrat (SPD), the infratest exit poll for broadcaster ARD showed.
(Reporting by Kirsti Knolle; Editing by Maria Sheahan)
- Italy's Berlusconi says new govt possible even without snap vote
- Do California politicians’ yearbooks harbor secrets? Nah. But dorkiness?
- Populist party gains as Estonia faces possible power swap
- Facebook says AI failed to detect NZ shooting video
- Pendleton Marines say goodbye to families
- President Trump ’was faux-Bernie Sanders in order to beat Hillary Clinton’ in 2016, Sanders campaign says
- Seniors’ quality of life on a shaky foundation
- Rep. Omar fires back, says Trump ‘trafficked in hate’
- Embattled Rep. Omar fires back at Trump, saying he has long ‘trafficked in hate’
- 'Time For Ilhan' Documentary Maker Says Rep. Ilhan Omar Has What It Takes To Lead—But She Can Never Become President
- POLITICO Playbook: Hillary says she won’t run, Stew leaving the Senate and Tim Alberta releases his book cover
- Rehab patient brokering is rampant, but it’s hard to stop, industry says
- Coalition event continues suicide prevention efforts
- The Latest: 'Still have work to do' says US after IS fall
- Suicides and seniors: Older adults in long-term care turn to suicide
- Suicide in senior care: A hidden crisis
- Keeping Utah tech sector aloft will take some work, experts say
- Let’s remember how Ken Gibson became the right mayor for the right time, Newark’s historian says
- Cory Booker Says He Doesn’t Want A Super PAC. He’s Getting One Anyway.
- Head of Asian GOP Group Says He “Wouldn’t Rule Out” Illegal Foreign Donations to Trump
Senior CDU politician says Jamaica coalition possible have 347 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.