Washington, DC ● Wed, September 15 2021
United States Senate Democrats on Tuesday unveiled a new version of an election reform bill that is a top priority of President Joe Biden, amid a wave of Republican state legislatures imposing restrictions on voting.
Senator Amy Klobuchar and seven fellow Democrats, including moderates such as Joe Manchin, introduced the bill that would set national standards for states to follow as they administer elections.
The Democratic senators said their bill, dubbed the "Freedom to Vote Act", would ensure that all qualified voters can request mail-in ballots and have at least 15 days of early voting. The legislation also would allow people to register to vote as late as Election Day.
“Following the 2020 elections in which more Americans voted than ever before, we have seen unprecedented attacks on our democracy in states across the country,” t…
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- White House makes push for paid family leave and child care reform
- Tom Steyer surprises in the polls
- Poll: Dems hold 11 point edge in generic 2018 House ballot
- New York Senate passes automatic voter registration bill
- The Hill's 12:30 Report: Dems aim to end anti-Semitism controversy with vote today
- David Bossie: Trump Derangement Syndrome drives Dem opposition to president on Iran, impeachment and more
- The Hill's Campaign Report: Deadline day for Dems to make January debate
- Dem senators say Iran threat to embassies not mentioned in intelligence briefing
- Cory Booker Exits Dem Presidential Primary; Trump Trolls Him.
- White House Proposes Path to Citizenship for 1.8M Immigrants, Calls It ‘Dramatic Concession’ to Dems
- Jeremy Corbyn claims he will win election 'no problem at all' and John McDonnell suggests polling is 'just like 2017' with Labour poised to surprise critics
- Bolton willing to testify in Senate impeachment trial if subpoenaed
- Nikki Haley: Democratic leadership, 2020 Dems are the only people mourning Soleimani death
- Trump seeks to make case for strike on Iranian general in address to Ohio supporters
- House passage of gun safety bills reflects political shift
- Medicaid rollback looms for GOP senators in 2020
- Republicans Quickly Closing Ballot Gap With Democrats — Especially After Latest Kavanaugh Hearing, New Poll Finds
- Voters see slightly more GOP partisanship on impeachment: Poll
- Pompeo's decision not to run in Kansas Senate race boosts immigration hawk Kris Kobach
- McConnell tells GOP senators to expect impeachment trial next week
US Senate Dems to seek quick passage of revised poll reform have 416 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.