The Ministry of Health (MOH) has confirmed 3,058 new Covid-19 cases in Singapore as of 12pm on Sunday (Oct. 17).
This brings the total number of Covid-19 cases reported in Singapore to 148,178 .
Nine more deaths
Nine more people have passed away from complications due to Covid-19 infection.
Of these, six were male Singaporeans and three were female Singaporeans, aged between 57 and 100 years old.
Seven of them had been unvaccinated against Covid-19, and two had been vaccinated.
Eight of them had various underlying medical conditions, while an unvaccinated case had no known medical conditions.
Amongst those who have passed away over the last 28 days, 25.9 per cent were fully vaccinated and 74.1 per cent were unvaccinated or partially vaccinated.
In total, the death tally from complications due to Covid-19 infection in Singapore has reached 233.
2,454 community cases
There are 2,454 cases in the community, and 601 cases in the migrant worker dormitories.
Amongst the local cases today are 469 seniors who are above 60 years.
There are also three imported cases.
Condition of current Covid-19 cases
As of Oct. 17, 12 pm, amongst all the Covid-19 community cases who have been onboarded or admitted, 15,918 (74.8 per cent) are undergoing home recovery.
2,986 (14.0 per cent) are in community care facilities, 734 (3.4 per cent) are in Covid-19 treatment facilities, and 1,651 (7.8 per cent) are currently warded in hospital, mostly for observation.
For patients who are currently warded in hospital, 327 cases require oxygen supplementation, and 66 cases are in the ICU.
Over the last 28 days, 98.6 per cent of local infected cases were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms, 1.1 per cent required oxygen supplementation, and 0.1 per cent had been in the ICU.
Among those who required oxygen supplementation and ICU, 48.5 per cent were fully vaccinated and 51.5 per cent were unvaccinated/ partially vaccinated.
Monitoring five active clusters
MOH is closely monitoring five clusters, which have already been ringfenced through tracing, testing and isolation.
Update on vaccination progress
As of Oct. 16, 84 per cent of the population has completed their full regimen/received two doses of Covid-19 vaccines, and 85 per cent has received at least one dose.
MOH has administered a total of 9,626,233 doses of Covid-19 vaccines under the national vaccination programme (Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty and Moderna).
In total, 4,618,780 individuals have received at least one dose of vaccine under the national vaccination programme, and 4,557,917 individuals have completed the full vaccination regimen.
In addition, 225,792 doses of other vaccines recognised in the World Health Organisation's Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) have been administered, covering 117,738 individuals.
To date, MOH has invited about 780,000 eligible individuals to receive their booster doses.
577,069 individuals have received their booster shots and another 88,000 have booked their appointments.
Top photo via Andrew Koay
Follow and listen to our podcast here
- Exhibit reunites Inuit with 100-year-old artifacts in Cambridge Bay
- Hope for thousands of patients with sickle cell disease as doctors edit the DNA of a 34-year-old patient to try and combat the life-shortening condition
- Inquiry into death of four-year-old boy
- Rise in 100-year-olds a century and nine months after WWI
- Feature: 100-year-old Chinese University has sports in its genes
- EXCLUSIVE: 'She tried to kill us!' Indiana mother who adopted 6-year-old Ukrainian girl with dwarfism has been charged with abandonment but claims her 'daughter' was found to be a 22-year old 'sociopath' masquerading as a child
- Six people, including a 14-year-old boy, are shot when gunman opens fire in Philadelphia drive-by
- A third of England's 10 and 11 year olds are overweight, reveal shocking new figures amid obesity crisis
- White cop who shot dead 28-year-old black woman in her own home DID NOT identify himself as police as family brands her death 'MURDER'
- White cop who shot dead 28-year-old black woman in her own home during a wellness check RESIGNS as victim's family blasts Fort Worth police and calls for an independent probe
- More measles cases reported in HCM City as parents delay vaccines for children
- Child killer who strangled a five-year-old girl to death before molesting her body and dumping it on a river bank is quietly released into the community
- 2,000-year-old sapphire ring goes on sale for £500,000
- Apple Watch saved life of 46-year-old father whose heart was beating TWICE as fast as normal
- Stomach-churning footage shows a TWIG being pulled out of a three-year-old boy's ear
- Bones of 325 million-year-old amphibian found in Co Clare
- Homeowner's 200-year-old sycamore is mysteriously poisoned by saboteur who drilled holes in it and injected poison... after neighbours complained about 100ft-high tree 'blocking light'
- 'Are you OK?' Seven-year-old's chilling words to paedophile father who lured her from a Kmart toy aisle and molested her - as parents slam the 'slap in the face' sentence handed to the predator
- Pictured: Father, 48, shot dead in front of his 13-year-old daughter 'leaving her orphaned' - as neighbours say they're too scared to return to their homes
- EXCLUSIVE: Richard Hammond wants to turn 200-year-old barn at his £2m Cotwolds castle into 'party venue' with new pool, bar and room to showcase star's impressive motorbike collection
3,058 new Covid-19 cases reported in S'pore, 9 deaths including a 100-year-old patient have 807 words, post on mothership.sg at October 30, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.