An eight-year-old girl with autism in Malaysia was found unconscious and subsequently pronounced dead after she was left in a van for about three hours on Oct. 12, Bernama reported.
According to the police, the 34-year-old male driver has been arrested.
Seremban police chief Mohd Said Ibrahim said that the police received a report of the girl’s death at 7.46pm.
Driver supposed to send girl to daycare centre
According to Bernama , the police said the driver was supposed to send the girl to a daycare centre in Taman Nusari Aman, Negeri Sembilan.
Instead, the driver returned home without realising that the girl was still in the van.
Said said the girl was believed to have been locked in the van since 2.30pm and was found unconscious at about 5.30pm.
She was then taken to Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
According to the police, they are waiting for the post-mortem report to determine the actual cause of death.
The driver has been arrested for neglecting, abandoning or exposing the child in a manner likely to cause her physical or emotional injury under the Child Act 2001.
If found guilty, he could be jailed for no more than 10 years, or fined not exceeding RM20,000 (S$6,500), or both.
Follow and listen to our podcast here
Top images via Kindel Media/ Pexels and Fatimah Tahaisa/ Facebook
- Lost Boys - Autism and My Son
- A Conversation with Race Car Driver Danica Patrick
- How Many People Have To Die To Show A New Surgical Technique Isn't Worth It?
- BOMBSHELL: These teenage girls DIED of meningitis even after getting vaccinated… total media blackout
- Schoolgirl nearly killed by toxic shock syndrome after wearing a tampon for 10 hours
- 'I Nearly Died Hiking In The Grand Canyon—And It Totally Changed My Outlook On Life'
- Logan Paul has banned girls from his house ahead of KSI rematch
- Gene Littler, San Diego golf great, dies at 88
- The Doctors of War
- My Father's Life (After Death)
- Let's get this party started! Thousands of music fans arrive for 'hottest EVER' Glastonbury as festival prepares to bask in 91F heatwave
- Perfect love casteth in kefir.
- Surgery and Pills Couldn't Help Me
- Can We Outsmart Swine Flu?
- Warriors to hold open practice at San Francisco's Chase Center
- The Dangers of a Mud Run
- Relief as Pakistan keeps World Cup hopes alive
- Torment: Tides of Numenera review: The Planescape successor you've been waiting for
- How women film-makers like Meghna Gulzar, Rima Das, Anjali Menon & Nandita Das are changing the face of Indian cinema
- The Best and Worst Things That Happened In 2016
8-year-old girl with autism dies in M'sia after driver left her in van for 3 hours without realising it have 426 words, post on mothership.sg at October 30, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.