The Chonburi Public Relations Facebook Page confirmed this afternoon that curfew in Chonburi, which includes the popular tourist city of Pattaya, will officially end on Sunday, October 31st, 2021.
The last full night of curfew will be Saturday, October 30th, 2021 from 11:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M.
The curfew, in place in some form for over three months, has been nearly universally criticized at least on our social media forums and comments. Officials stated the purpose of the curfew was to stop illegal gatherings and parties overnight and had been successful in this regard. The curfew, however, has decided to be ended for tourism BLUE (Business, Leisure, Ultimate Experience) zones that will let in foreign vaccinated tourists from November.
Speaking of parties, however, despite Pattaya's "reopening" to vaccinated foreign tourists from November 1st, there is still no concrete word on if bars, entertainment venues, and nightlife will be allowed to reopen in November. Previously, officials with the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) had only said they would "consider" opening these places by December 1st. However, CCSA officials have also recently stated they would be discussing the rules for these venues by Halloween, without promising an opening.
Importantly, BLUE zones CAN file for exceptions and exemptions to these bans with the CCSA, as Phuket and Samui did with successfully asking for alcohol sales in restaurants. It is expected that Pattaya will do the same, although it has not yet been officially announced.
Here is what we know about the reopening plan for Pattaya at this time:
- Mass Sinopharm vaccination campaign started in Pattaya and Chonburi area, goal is 70% vaccinated by end of October
- Chonburi reports 745 new Covid-19 cases with 4 deaths
- Chonburi reports 816 new Covid-19 cases with 8 deaths, 1,021 people recovered
- Chonburi reports 938 new Covid-19 cases with 4 deaths
- Chonburi reports 822 new Covid-19 cases with 12 deaths
- Chonburi reports 703 new Covid-19 cases with 4 deaths
- Chonburi reports 972 new Covid-19 cases with 15 deaths, 1,261 people recovered
- Chonburi reports 762 new Covid-19 cases with 14 deaths, lowest cases in five weeks
- Chonburi reports 747 new Covid-19 cases with 5 deaths, another drop
- Chonburi reports 879 new Covid-19 cases with 2 deaths
- Chonburi reports 955 new Covid-19 cases with 20 deaths
- Chonburi reports 974 new Covid-19 cases with 12 deaths, 1,361 people recovered
- Chonburi reports 973 new Covid-19 cases with 15 deaths, 1,672 people recovered
- Chonburi reports 881 new Covid-19 cases with 4 deaths
- Chonburi reports 718 new Covid-19 cases with 7 deaths
- Chonburi reports 846 new Covid-19 cases with 20 deaths
- COVID-19: Nadhim Zahawi says October 'firebreak' restrictions could be brought in if booster jab programme is not done 'well'
- COVID-19 Cases Among Children Are Surging; Experts Warn It May Get Worse
- Chonburi reports 1,064 new Covid-19 cases with 11 deaths, 1,421 people recovered
- RECAP: Thailand announces 17,984 new cases of Covid -19 and 292 additional deaths-new record in daily vaccinations!
Chonburi/Pattaya confirms overnight Covid-19 curfew will end on Halloween, October 31st have 452 words, post on thepattayanews.com at October 22, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.