The President of the Philippines Rodrigo Duterte said on Monday Oct. 11 that he will lead efforts to vaccinate people who refuse to take the Covid-19 vaccine by jabbing them in their sleep, Philippine Daily Inquirer reported.
Jab them in their sleep
The 76-year-old politician reportedly expressed his wish for the Covid-19 vaccination drive to be ramped up, in order to hit the target of vaccinating 50 per cent of the population by the end of the year. At the time of writing, vaccination rate in the Philippines is around 22 per cent.
He said he was confident that most, if not all, of the major cities in the Philippines will achieve the goal “before Christmas”.
“The problem is those who don’t want to get vaccinated. Look for them in your village, let’s go there while they’re asleep and inject them while asleep so we can get it done,” Duterte said in his speech, CNN Philippines reported.
“I’ll do it, I’ll lead the journey,” he added.
Took the blame for lack of vaccines
Meanwhile, the Department of Health has stated multiple times that Covid-19 vaccinations are not mandatory, and consent from individuals is required before administering the jab, according to CNN Philippines .
In the same speech, the president also admitted that the government had failed to find companies that could sell vaccines to them, which resulted in the country’s lack of vaccines at the beginning of the year.
Not his first threat
He also called those who refused to be vaccinated “stupid people”, and claimed that he would inject them with “a vaccine for pigs”, Philippines Daily Inquirer reported.
“That will really kill (the virus), including you,” the politician added.
As of Oct. 13, the Philippines has recorded over 2.6 million cases of Covid-19 infection and 39,896 deaths from the virus.
Follow and listen to our podcast here
Top image via Rody Duterte/Facebook
- The GOP’s Embrace of Anti-Vaxxers Reveals the Craziness Gap in American Politics
- Berks alliance stresses importance of vaccines
- All 10 kindergartens with the highest rates of vaccine exemptions are in N. California
- Americas are first officially measles-free region, WHO says
- Rand Paul, Vaccinations and the (Not So) Secret History of White Supremacy
- One Of The Biggest Alternative Media Networks In Italy Is Spreading Anti-Immigrant News And Misinformation On Facebook
- Readers sound off on vaccines, Obama and George Washington
- The ISIS Killers: The Men Leading the Battle For Mosul Might Be Wiped Out Along the Way
- General leading Philippine battle with Islamists relieved of command
- Dozens say Sri Lankan forces raped and tortured them
- How Colorado newspapers heeded a call to decry Trump’s anti-press rhetoric
- Why Facts Don’t Change Our Minds
- Is your child's health care on your back-to-school list?: Dr. Brad Lucas (Opinion)
- Larry Wilmore: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Multicultural Diversity…
- 119 Of Many Ways Donald Trump Harms Animals People Birds Fishes Butterflies Bees Water : Indybay
- In ‘America’s Finest City,’ homelessness spreads disease
- Muslims Used To Love Living In Tennessee — Now It's A Nightmare
- Ophelia Dahl’s National Health Service
- Puerto Ricans Seek To Rebuild A Shattered Health Care System After Hurricane Maria
- Being homeless is tough; it can be even tougher in rural Indiana
Duterte says he will lead mission to jab anti-vaxxers with Covid-19 vaccine in their sleep have 556 words, post on mothership.sg at October 30, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.