KOTA BHARU (Bernama): Kelantan will be the first state in Malaysia to develop an Industrial Building System (IBS) industrial park, which will serve as a one-stop reference centre to increase the capacity and capabilities of industrial building, especially in the East Coast.
Senior Works Minister Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof (pic) said the project was being developed under the 12th Malaysia Plan (12MP) with an allocation of over RM70mil and would be completed in two years.
“The IBS industrial park is an initiative under the IBS excellence programme in Kelantan and will be developed on a 200-acre (80.9ha) plot in Sungai Bagan, Machang that has been donated by the Kelantan government,” he said after witnessing the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Kelantan government with the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) here on Sunday (Oct 17).
The MoU was signed by Kelantan state secretary, Datuk Nazran Muhammad and CIDB chief executive officer Datuk Ahmad Asri Abdul Hamid, and withnessed by Minister in the Prime Minister's Office (Economy) Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed and Kelantan Menteri Besar Datuk Ahmad Yakob.
The MoU was expected to strengthen the IBS ecosystem network in Malaysia and boost the number of local industry players as well as small and medium enterprises, Fadillah said, adding that the industrial park would create around 3,500 job opportunities.
The use of IBS technology, he said, would benefit industry players and strengthen the local construction industry.
The comprehensive use of IBS technology would help various construction projects, including housing projects as it would reduce the cost of expenses and produce quality houses at affordable prices. – Bernama
- Switzerland supports Vietnam to develop eco-industrial parks
- Great progress towards eco-industrial parks
- Dong Nai wants to transform Bien Hoa 1 industrial park into smart city
- HCMC education authorities survey private preschools in industrial parks
- Feature: Chinese-invested industrial park in Vietnam brings opportunities
- P3 will build its first logistics park in eastern Slovakia
- Opportunities for HCM City’s supporting industries discussed
- Vietnam’s high-tech parks in need of financial inspiration
- KPL to set up port-related industries at ₹70 crore
- Social housing development needs the people's strong support
- Palm oil falls 2.8% on concerns over Malaysia-India tensions
- Shipping containers filled with plastic waste are sent back to countries including Britain and the US after Malaysia declares 'we are not the world's garbage dump'
- Malaysia in talks with several partners to produce palm oil-based biojet fuel -industry body
- Malaysia in talks with several partners to produce palm oil-based biojet fuel - industry body
- Malaysia sending contaminated plastic waste back to US, other countries
- Malaysia on track to commercially roll out 5G: Mahathir
- Malaysia says won't be 'garbage dump' as it returns waste
- MSME Parks: govt. striving to attract anchor investors
- Change to state land laws may make M&As in IT parks smooth
- Govt, NTPC to sign MoU for solar park in Jaisalmer
Kelantan to develop Malaysia's first IBS industrial park have 456 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.