INQUIRER file photo
MANILA, Philippines — Even after the government shut down cemeteries for the traditional memorial days for the dead, Maynilad Water Services Inc. said it would push through with a water supply cut off when most people in Metro Manila are expected to be home.
The West Zone concessionaire of the Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System earlier slated the disruptive activity from October 25-28. Now it is set to start at 11 a.m. on October 29, Friday, and end at 11:59 p.m. on November 1, Monday.
The company said the activity would take 85 hours or three and a half days, during which time 60,000 customer connections in the Sampaloc district will have no water from that tap.
At the same time, 361,000 other customers in other parts of Manila, as well as the cities of Las Piñas, Makati, Parañaque, and Pasay, and Cavite province, are warned to prepare for at least 15 hours and up to 34 hours without water supply.—RONNEL W. DOMINGO
- Charity offering chance to win free shower timers to help cut water waste during heatwave
- Live updates as huge power cut leaves 550 homes without electricity
- Water shortages causing wildlife damage inevitable if major pipe replacement not done, says Environment Agency
- Lawyers call for strike over 'relentless legal aid cuts'
- Water cuts for farmers, but domestic users off the hook
- Spending on children and young people's services cut by nearly £1bn in six years, figures reveal
- Welfare payments that are 'lifelines' for people being ‘hacked away’, MPs warn
- Amber Wildfire Warning as water supply fails again
- The steps the McEvoy family has made to cut plastic waste
- Anti-litter campaigners want free water in Barry
- Campaigners want 'free' water in Barry
- Home interiors shop joins the fight against plastic
- Have your say on water proposals
- What it feels like... when your first home is a houseboat
- Home care service under threat as staff can no longer claim mileage expenses
- Alfie Evans: Parents want to take terminally ill son home after dropping bid to fly him to Italy
- Irish Water announces hosepipe ban for the whole country
- Do blue sharks attack humans, how dangerous are they and are they in British waters?
- Unaccompanied asylum seeking children going missing in UK due to Home Office delays, finds report
- The best Welsh homes with holiday lets for sale right now
Maynilad to cut water when people are home have 368 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at October 22, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.