The police are appealing for the next-of-kin of an unidentified Chinese man who is believed to be in his 60s to come forward.
The man passed away along Kallang Road on Oct. 10 and was found wearing a yellow t-shirt.
Anyone with information is requested to call the police hotline at 1800-255-0000 or submit information online at www.police.gov.sg/iwitness.
All information will be kept strictly confidential.
About the case
A body was found in Rochor River near the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) building on Sunday morning.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) received a call for water rescue assistance at Rochor River near No. 10 Kallang Road at around 7:10am.
SCDF rescuers retrieved the body from the surface of the water.
The person was pronounced dead at the scene by an SCDF paramedic.
Police said the deceased was a man.
Preliminary investigations do not suspect foul play.
Police investigations are ongoing.
Lianehe Wanbao reported that the deceased was allegedly a cardboard collector in his 60s.
Passers-by told the Chinese media that the deceased could often be seen around the Jalan Besar area collecting cardboard.
The deceased was wearing a yellow t-shirt and beige short pants when he was found.
Follow and listen to our podcast here
Top photos via Singapore Police Force & Lianhe Wanbao
- 400 still missing from capsized Chinese cruise ship in Yangtze River disaster
- China celebrates 60 years of Communist rule with biggest-ever parade showcasing military might
- ‘Like Hounds After Rabbits’: Hong Kong’s Police Face Growing Outcry
- Chinese Islamic group warns Muslims to avoid transit during Olympics
- Kin seek justice in sanitman slay
- Police: Man shot churchgoers over liberal views
- Storm pounds the NYC area
- When Dre signed Eminem, support for Shady was Slim
- Larry Nassar saw patients for more than 2 years while under criminal investigation
- Peace of mind in Zen master Gerpo Merzel's 'Big Mind'
- 100 ways to survive 100-degree heat in Arizona
- Summer's Hot 100: What to hear, see and do in NYC
- Chill out: 206 cool and random things to do when summer heats up in NYC
- A New Illustrated Telling Of Majora’s Mask’s Enigmatic Story
- The best films of the '00s
- Bush arrives in Beijing for Summer Olympics
- Li Zhongren identified as gunman who killed four people in Saipan rampage
- The Price of Resistence: One Hundred Days of Protest in Hong Kong
- From the archives: Snapshots of New York's mood after 9/11
- The Bronx Zoo turns 110: Here are 110 things you need to know about this NYC favorite
Police seeking next-of-kin of Chinese man in his 60s found floating in Rochor River have 411 words, post on mothership.sg at October 30, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.