Singapore Airlines shares rose more than 8 per cent in morning trading on Monday, Oct. 11 following positive news that Singapore would open travel lanes for vaccinated individuals from more countries.
This is despite tightening rules for the unvaccinated in Singapore.
Singapore Airlines was actively traded with some 5.1 million shares worth S$27.9 million changing hands.
The counter jumped at least 8.38 per cent to $5.56 before dipping slightly.
Singapore Airlines shares fell to as low as S$3.39 in September 2020.
Slightly more than a year later, as of Monday morning before noon, it is hovering at S$5.46.
Singapore announced on Saturday, Oct. 9 that it would expand its Vaccinated Travel Lane scheme to an additional nine countries.
This would allow fully vaccinated travellers from Singapore and these countries to enjoy quarantine-free travel both ways.
Follow and listen to our podcast here
Top photo via Google
- Rise of India means rise in trade opportunities with a nation you can trust: PM Narendra Modi at India Ideas Summit
- Asia shares rise on vaccine hopes, tech rally on Wall Street
- Global shares rise after EU sets deal to support economies
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares rise, euro at 4-month peak on EU talks progress
- Tata Consultancy shares rise on deal wins, hiring promise
- Shares rise as large-caps gain ground
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Shares rise as US, China trade negotiators talk, but bleak job data awaited
- Asian shares rise, euro at four-month peak on EU talks progress
- Tokyo stocks close higher on tech shares' rise, vaccine hopes
- Tencent Music Shares Rise on First Trading Day
- Best Buy sales get online boost, shares rise
- Shares slump on high selling pressure
- India, US are two vibrant democracies with shared values: PM Modi | Highlights
- NBCC share price gains after bagging Rs 204-crore orders in Seychelles
- Sharemarket ends higher after choppy trading day
- Julius Baer slips on fears trading boom might fade
- Speculative trading by retail investors may be the reason for wild swings in mid & smallcaps: Umesh Mehta
- South Korea-Japan trade fight moves to global dispute panel
- Godrej Consumer share price climbs 2% after CLSA maintains outperform call
- Moderna shares jump on data from early coronavirus vaccine trial
S'pore Airlines shares rise more than 8% in morning trading have 343 words, post on mothership.sg at October 30, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.