He said 5,707 or 98.2% of the new cases were in categories one and two (asymptomatic and light symptoms) while 102 or 1.8% were in categories three, four and five (having pneumonia, requiring oxygen supplementation and on ventilators).
“A total of 527 cases are being treated in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), with 277 requiring ventilators," he said in a statement.
Dr Noor Hisham said 4,712 recoveries were reported today, bringing the cumulative figure for recovered cases to 2,446,197.
He said three new clusters were detected – the Jalan Tiga Danau Kota cluster here, Industri Dua Jalan Anggerik Mokara cluster in Selangor and the Sawit Endau cluster in Pahang – which are all workplace clusters.
On the infectivity rate in the country, he said the R-Naught (Rt) value increased to 1.04 from 1.0 previously.
Detailed information on the Covid-19 situation in the country will be uploaded on the COVIDNOW website at https://covidnow.moh.gov.my and the data will be updated at midnight every day. – Bernama
- Greece's new anti-smoking law aspires to shield public health
- Measles outbreak plateau? New weekly US cases hover near 20, CDC report reveals
- Number of cigarette smokers in England has dropped by around 1.8MILLION since 2011 as health chiefs say a 'smoke-free generation is now in sight'
- New tuberculosis vaccine moves one step closer as a trial of 'game-changer' jab proves it can stop the killer disease flaring up in infected patients
- Good News For CA Residents Who Buy Their Own Health Coverage
- New strain of Strep A that is NINE TIMES more aggressive is 'behind the record-high number of cases of scarlet fever in England'
- CarePredict raises $9.5 million for AI wearable that monitors seniors’ health
- Three quarters of young people 'manage their mental health problems themselves' because they can't get help, charity warns
- How to tell if food that's past its sell-by date is still safe to eat: You CAN eat green potatoes and mouldy bread, says top food scientist who is fighting waste
- As Vaping Devices Evolve, Researchers Investigate New Potential Hazards
- 'Very different' flu season ahead for New Brunswick, says microbiologist
- Just TWO glasses of diet drinks each day may raise the risk of an early death, reveals study by the World Health Organisation
- GamesBeat Summit: Amy Hennig, Tina Amini, and Stanley Pierre-Louis bring new perspectives
- Johnson & Johnson claims the same baby powder bottle the FDA found asbestos in tested NEGATIVE in 15 new tests - but US regulators stand by their results that triggered a national recall
- Take This: Game developers face serious mental health challenges
- We won’t find out if Mark Zuckerberg can fix Facebook by asking him
- Edited Transcript of AMG earnings conference call or presentation 28-Oct-19 12:30pm GMT
- Who's who in Team Boris after brutal cull of Theresa May era: Boris Johnson tells his new-look 'Brexit Cabinet' that Britain is at a 'pivotal moment'
- What Would 'No New Jails' Actually Look Like?
- Otsuka and Proteus Digital Health Announce Expanded Collaboration Agreement to Advance Digital Medicines for Mental Health
Covid-19: New cases drop below 6,000 mark with 98.2% in categories one and two, says Health DG have 470 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at November 13, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.