(Reuters) – Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers sought to put an end to speculation linking him with a potential switch to Manchester United, saying on Wednesday that he was committed to developing his team at the King Power Stadium.
Rodgers had been linked with the vacant role at United after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked over the weekend. United said former player and coach Michael Carrick will be in charge until they appoint an interim manager.
“It’s not real. There’s always gossip and that will be there until they appoint a full-time manager,” Rodgers told reporters ahead of Thursday’s Europa League group game against Legia Warsaw.
“My commitment is to here. The culture here is about the development of the players and that’s where I see it, even more so in this period.
“I respect you guys have questions to ask, but that doesn’t include me.”
Leicester are 12th in the league after an underwhelming start to the season.
Paris St Germain manager Mauricio Pochettino has also been linked with a move to Old Trafford but the Argentine, who guided Tottenham Hotspur to a Champions League final, said he was happy at the French club.
(Reporting by Rohith Nair in Bengaluru; Editing by Toby Davis)
- Leicester City vs Manchester United: Match Preview
- Leicester City vs. Manchester United 2017 live stream: Time, TV schedule, and how to watch online
- Manchester United’s Nemanja Matic happy with his ‘Gary Neville hair’ and doesn’t need a dance routine like Paul Pogba
- Marcus Rashford's double secures huge victory for Manchester United over Liverpool
- Manchester United not in awe of City, insists Young
- Mourinho's long-time ally Faria to leave Manchester United
- Manchester United Transfer News: Leicester City Rule out Harry Maguire Sale
- Manchester United did a great job this summer, but they still have a long way to go
- Mourinho's gaslighting of Manchester United is gross and insulting
- On This Day; Apr 27 2000: Ruud van Nistelrooy's record £18.5million transfer to Manchester United from PSV Eindhoven collapsed
- Manchester United Transfer News: Harry Maguire Targeted, Chris Smalling Rumours
- The story of Matic’s move to Manchester United
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester United: TV channel, live stream, squad news & preview
- Manchester United Will Not Let Marcus Rashford Leave This Summer
- Manchester United Transfer News: Jose Mourinho Talks Willian Rumours
- Could Real Madrid rescue Pogba from Manchester United?
- FA Cup final 2018: What time is Chelsea vs Manchester United tomorrow, what TV channel is it on and what are the latest odds?
- Manchester United team news: Injured Pogba misses Liverpool clash
- Manchester United lurk as Barcelona forced to wait on new Umtiti deal
- Paul Pogba Talks Criticism Ahead of Manchester United vs. Arsenal
Soccer-Leicester's Rodgers rules himself out of Manchester United job have 430 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.