Jakarta ● Thu, November 25, 2021
As the country celebrates National Teachers' Day on Thursday, educators are calling on the government to pay more attention to the mounting issues that the profession faces, many of which have been exacerbated by the pandemic, from a lack of online education support to welfare issues.
A number of teachers have said they hope the government will succeed in preventing a third COVID-19 wave resulting from the upcoming year-end holidays, as they dread the possibility of returning to what they say are insufficiently supported online classes. In-person education resumed in most parts of the country in late August.
Syainal, a vocational teacher from Berau regency, East Kalimantan, described online classes as by far the most problematic aspect of teaching over the past two years.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Valencia president quits amid financial turmoil
- 25MILLION people will be offered the flu jab this winter as ALL children in primary school are included in national scheme for first time amid fears huge outbreak from Australia is on the way to the UK
- Digital playbooks mean cutting-edge game prep for Badgers
- Maple Leafs, Raptors in $1.3 billion sale
- Maple Leafs and Raptors sold to Rogers and BCE
- NFL lockout already hurting fantasy companies
- MLB Opening Weekend blog: Friday
- Irving becomes third Duke player to go No. 1
- It’ll be fine: 15 revamps that turned out better than expected
- Wooden’s principles prevail in cynical era
- Spain rejoice title with parade
- Spain fetes its soccer champs with happy abandon
- Russian who lost record to Phelps wishes him well
- Extra assistants for cup final
- Killie-Hibs clash gets new date
- Three Cuts: Braves drop series finale to Mets, 7-4
- Feel-good stories from the year in sports
- The best TV of 2018 so far
- March at its maddest in Sin City
- From maintenance man to PGA Tour in 5 days
Teachers call for technological, pay equity amid pandemic strain have 345 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.