State Health and Local Government Committee chairman Datuk Dr Mohd Hayati Othman said the state Health Department had reported a new educational institution cluster known as Dah Pelangi cluster.
“To date, 24 cases have been detected and all involved were male students of the school hostel. The cluster was detected after several students experienced symptoms from Nov 28."
He said as of noon Friday (Dec 3), 38 individuals were screened and 24 tested positive, while 14 were found negative.
“The cause of the infection is still being investigated by the Sik district Health Department.
"It has also implemented isolation and observation on the positive cases while identified close contacts have been ordered quarantined.
“A notice on the closure of the school has also been issued effective today until sanitisation work to disinfect the premises is completed," he said in a statement.
Meanwhile, Dr Mohd Hayati urged the public, especially the management of the school, to continue complying with the standard operating procedure (SOP) outlined by the government.
“Ensure physical distancing at all times, avoid contact and talking at close range, wear face masks, avoid congested areas, clean hands often and get vaccinated," he said. – Bernama
- Fox that bit 2 women tests positive for rabies
- Cousin sold the drug that killed LCCC arts student last year, Kutztown police say
- North Korea will invite foreign journalists to shutdown of nuclear test site 'to ensure transparency'
- Grade-Five Students to Sit Mock Performance Task Test
- North Korea’s nuclear test site more damaged than previously thought, study finds
- Cole R-1 board reviews drug-testing policy
- Karnataka Assembly Floor Test LIVE: Karnataka governor invites Congress-JDS alliance to form govt
- Chinese University lifts ban on miniskirts and hotpants after student outcry
- Derick Baza Hills fails drug test, sanctioned to 10 days
- Can a DNA Test Really Help You Lose Weight?
Covid-19: 24 Maktab Mahmud Sik students test positive have 290 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at December 3, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.