BORN of a hybrid of cultures from Chinese settlers and local Malays during the colonial era, the Peranakan culture has had significant imprints on the Malaysian culture.
Boasting rich food traditions with unique and bold flavours, Malaysia's celebrated Peranakan cuisine is the inspiration for the newest limited-time-only menu, KFC Ayam Pedas Nyonya.
Featuring a quintessential Nyonya ingredient – bunga kantan (torch ginger flower) – and other key ingredients such as lemongrass, kaffir lime and shallots, KFC Ayam Pedas Nyonya infuses the distinct flavours of Nyonya cuisine with the fast food giant's signature Hot & Spicy chicken, resulting in a wonderful collision of flavours.
One can expect a fragrant, tangy and aromatic Nyonya flavour in each crunchy bite of Ayam Pedas Nyonya.
"The Peranakan cuisine is all about innovation and adaptation, principles that KFC identifies well with," said KFC Malaysia chief marketing officer Chan May Ling.
"Our newest innovative menu, KFC Ayam Pedas Nyonya was inspired by Nyonya dishes that are often intricate and meticulous works of art, requiring hours of preparation.
"As a brand inspired by Malaysians, made by Malaysians for Malaysians, we have always wanted to tackle the immensely flavourful Nyonya cuisine, and we trust that our KFC twist to the cuisine will not disappoint," she said.
KFC Ayam Pedas Nyonya is now available at all KFC stores nationwide.
Starting from RM15.99, the new meal is available in three options — as a two-piece combo, three-piece combo or box meal.
Also available via KFC Delivery, self-collect and drive-through.
Cook your own chicken dishes. Buy cheaper fresh goods with Shopee Voucher Shopee Voucher
- Diana Henry's chicken pot-roasted in milk, bay and nutmeg
- The chicken rice with NO CHICKEN and bacon bits made with crushed INSECTS: How dozens of so-called meat flavoured products don't contain a scrap of it
- Mandy Yin's Malaysian recipes: soy-braised chicken, fish curry, prawns in tomato sambal
- Nando’s has launched a new clementine chicken flavour for Christmas
- McDonald's is accused of 'cultural appropriation at its finest' over its new Jerk Chicken Sandwich
- Cheap as chips! Tier 2 pub landlord to start selling 'substantial' scampi and fries for just £3 in desperate bid to get drinkers back from December 2 - as new Covid rules are branded a 'hammer blow' to hospitality industry
- Junk-food brands are coming for Christmas—and this ugly Cheetos sweater is proof
- Jamie Oliver has the BEST hack for cooking speedy crispy chicken
- Reduce meat intake by stocking your pantry with flavour boosters
- Proud woman shows off chicken dinner she’s dished up for her family and is instantly savaged for serving up ‘baby sick’
Fried chicken now comes with distinct Nyonya flavours have 426 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.