The main office of the Food and Drugs Administration in Muntinlupa City. (Photo from the FDA Facebook page)
MANILA, Philippines — The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received nine more applications from antigen test kit manufacturers for a special certification allowing the home use of their products.
FDA acting director-general Oscar Gutierrez reported this to President Rodrigo Duterte during a taped meeting that aired late Monday.
"The FDA received 11 applications as of today. If you remember, in the last report, there were only two," Gutierrez said in Filipino.
All the 11 applications have already been forwarded to the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) for performance validation, according to the FDA chief.
Once available in the market, Gutierrez said the FDA would continue to monitor these products.
"We will send them to the RITM so that they can be tested in actual use," he added.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
- FDA authorizes first over-the-counter home HIV testing kit
- Vietnam's first public hospital meets Westgard Sigma testing standards Most Recent News
- Huawei MediaPad 10 review: test-driving the company's first 10-inch tablet
- Vietnamese sports authorities use gene tests to detect athletes
- Prosecution calls for Pistorius to face month of mental tests
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 4/11
- TPP will test Vietnam’s agriculture restructuring
- Jobless Vietnamese millennials would rather stay home than do manual work
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 9/11
- Social News 11/2
11 applications for home antigen test kits under evaluation – FDA have 283 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at January 18, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.