MANILA, Philippines — A total of 540 areas nationwide are under granular lockdown due to the rise of COVID-19 cases, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año during the taped weekly "Talk to the People" with President Rodrigo Duterte that aired late Monday.
According to Año, 60 of these areas are in Metro Manila, 143 in the Cordillera Administrative Region, 123 in the Ilocos Region, 191 in Cagayan Valley, and 23 in Mimaropa.
A total of 707 households composed of 1,482 individuals are affected by the granular lockdowns, Año said.
The country has been facing an "exponential" increase in COVID-19 infections, with the Department of Health earlier recording 37,070 new infections, bringing total active cases to 290,938.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
- What's the Difference Between "Lockdown" and "Shelter in Place"?
- Lockdown - Ways to Secure Your Home
- Nationwide Modular Homes - A Tradition of Excellence
- Writing For Publication - Do You Really Need a Nationwide Platform to Get Your Message Out?
- House Prices Still High and Rising in Some Areas of the UK
- Youth Football - How Does Your Youth Football Team Stack Up Nationwide?
- Ocala-Marion County Real Estate - Optimistic Despite Nationwide Struggle
- Short Sales Abound in Florida & Nationwide
- Nationwide Grocery Delivery - How Grocery Delivery Can Simplify Your Lifestyle
- Chicago Hard Money Lenders Can Finance Your Real Estate Projects in the Windy City and Nationwide
540 areas nationwide under granular lockdown – DILG have 227 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at January 18, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.