MANILA, Philippines — Fifty-eight percent of the target population for the inoculation of children aged 12 to 17 in the country have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, the Pediatric Infectious Disease Society of the Philippines (PIDSP) said Wednesday.
Data presented by PIDSP president Dr. Mary Ann Bunyi in an online media forum showed that 6.2 million adolescents have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 out of the 10.7 million target population.
She said only 2,640 adverse events following immunization, of which 94 percent are mild or non-serious, have been reported.
According to Bunyi, the most commonly reported reactions were dizziness, pain in the injection site, pyrexia, headache, and increased blood pressure.
Bunyi said that 396,730 COVID-19 cases have so far been reported among those aged 19 years old and below. She noted that COVID-19 cases among children and adolescents remain to account for around 10 percent of all cases in the country.
"Most cases have been mild but some have turned into severe and critical manifestations, including multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children," she added.
The Department of Health has so far recorded 3.4 million total confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country across all age groups.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
- Coronavirus FINALLY has a name: World health chiefs label the deadly SARS-like disease 'COVID-19' - six weeks after the outbreak that has killed more than 1,000 people began
- WHO names novel coronavirus as 'COVID-19'
- Ho Chi Minh City extends COVID-19 school break through February
- COVID-19: How Fake News Could Help Spread the Coronavirus
- WHO warns coronavirus, now dubbed COVID-19, is 'public enemy number 1' and more powerful than terrorism attack
- New killer coronavirus is named Covid-19 by World Health Organization – as death toll passes 1,000
- Coronavirus outbreak: The real reason why COVID-19 got its name
- What’s the rush? COVID-19 scare restores Vietnam’s Hoi An to pre-tourism calm
- Coronavirus update: Information about the outbreak of COVID-19 and how you can protect yourself
- Vietnam seals off commune of 10,600 to control COVID-19
58% of target population of adolescents in PH fully vaccinated vs COVID-19 have 382 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.