Thailand has a lot to offer and it's no surprise why so many foreigners want to live here. Some folks come for a short vacation and never want to leave. Despite the pandemic, it seems like the amount of expats is growing every year and they come from all over the world. So here's shortlist of the most common expats in Thailand in 2022, in my humble Thai opinion.
Editor's Note: This list is a follow up to 2020 article here . Of course, we know not every foreigner fits neatly into one of the categories below. The list is meant to be more humorous than offensive, so please take it with a big pack of sugar and salt…
Haters/complainers Nothing . They will always find something to complain about, even the smallest of things. The food isn't worth the price, the weather is too much for them or life is so much better back at home. (Then why don't you go there?) It's easy to spot these negative Nacys online, lurking on social media and internet forums (like the one for this article). Sometimes you can hear them complaining at a bar or somewhere in public with their sympathetic expat buddy. They probably need a hug and a Thai smile.
What's your take?
- Thailand’s elite ‘pay to stay’ visa program aims to lure expats seeking haven amid coronavirus pandemic
- Thailand urged to increase exports to prevent global food shortage
- British backpacker murder case that put Thailand on trial
- Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej, world's longest-reigning monarch, dead at 88
- Mekong-Lancang countries urged to seek solutions to common challenges
- Technology and the expats in Vietnam
- Spotlight: "Still Asia's finest" -- Hong Kong police force in eyes of its expat officer
- 'Still Asia's finest' - HK police force in eyes of its expat officer
- Interview: China backs Thailand's efforts to explore new trade routes among Lancang-Mekong region
- Roundup: 3rd Lancang-Mekong Cooperation leaders' meeting enhances partnership, promotes common prosperity, say senior officials
Common expat varieties in Thailand 2022 have 355 words, post on thethaiger.com at January 28, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.