Former Prime Minister of Malaysia, Mahathir Mohamad, is now recuperating from a successful medical procedure, after being hospitalised on Jan. 7.
It is his second hospitalisation in less than a month.
According to an update on his Facebook page on Sunday (Jan. 9), he is “fully awake and in high spirits” and is “recuperating well”.
The update was posted in the form of a media statement issued by Malaysia’s National Heart Institute, the Institut Jantung Negara.
While the statement did not mention details of the procedure, it said that the procedure, carried out by a team of doctors, “was uneventful and went as planned”.
Top image via Mahathir Mohamad on Facebook
Follow and listen to our podcast here
- Revealed: The medical checks you need to get EVERY year - and what illnesses you should be checking for each decade
- The Death and Life of Otto Bloom review – faux doco takes low-risk approach to high concept
- Larry King in 'Good Spirits' After Undergoing Angioplasty, Doctors Expect a 'Full Recovery'
- Bernie Sanders hospitalised for heart procedure and cancels campaign events
- Highly Specialized, Expert Care for Dental Ailments and Procedures
- IVF technique that tests embryos for genetic disorders has first success
- Three years after East Baton Rouge privatized jail health care, inmate death rate remains high
- Former directors claim Tupperware model left them ‘hundreds of thousands of dollars’ in debt
- Guj gets its own coronavirus test lab
- 'I think the geezer's dead mate': Chilling 999 call made from Michael Barrymore's home after Stuart Lubbock drowned in his pool is heard for the first time - as star's ex-lover says 'we all had a really good time' at party
Mahathir 'in high spirits' & 'recuperating well' after successful medical procedure have 307 words, post on mothership.sg at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.