KOTA KINABALU: Sabah is asking for allocations to build a deep water port in the Kudat district, says Datuk Seri Bung Moktar Radin.
The Sabah Works Minister said the state government would proceed with the plan to build a port in Kudat to boost economic growth for locals and the state, but needs funding to get the project going.
"I have discussed the project with the Chief Minister and he has agreed to it, so we hope the Federal Government can allocate funds for the project," he said.
He said the construction of the port in Kudat was viable because of its location and geographical factors.
Bung, who is also Deputy Chief Minister, said a proper port in Kudat would complement the ongoing Pan-Borneo project and bring economic and social growth.
"We are also looking at developing Kudat as a new city so these projects are timely," he said after attending an excellence awards ceremony for the Sabah Ports Board here Tuesday (Jan 25).
He said neighbouring districts and small towns would benefit from these developments as well.
The Kudat Port project was mooted by the previous Parti Warisan-led state government in 2019.
- After years of drought, Colorado water bosses face uncertainty
- Boonville port has become focal point of talk about proposed Jefferson City port
- Why San Francisco is joining Valley farmers in a fight over precious California water
- AGDC says Port MacKenzie ‘not feasible’ for LNG terminal
- South Africa: Minister Zokwana gives progress on allocation of Fishing Rights
- ‘Port at Play’ theme vital to new waterfront project replacing once-iconic Ports O’ Call Village
- A 125-year-old water pipe breaks, flooding Shelby Park neighborhood and disrupting Louisville
- Manitou Springs 'well-protected and well-served' by flood mitigation efforts, officials say after storm
- Troubled Waters: A Year After Harvey, Has Houston Learned Anything?
- Port expansion, and the promise of thousands of jobs, creeps closer
Sabah seeking allocation to build deep water port in Kudat, says Bung have 305 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.