HANOI, Jan. 20 (Xinhua): Vietnam reported 16,715 new Covid-19 cases on Thursday, including 16,637 locally transmitted and 78 imported, according to its Ministry of Health.
The Vietnamese capital Hanoi remained the place with the highest number of 2,884 infections on Thursday, followed by central Da Nang city with 983 cases and northern Hai Phong city with 722 cases.
The infections brought the country’s total tally to 2,094,802 with 36,266 deaths.
Some 172.7 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines, including 73.3 million second shots and 20.6 million third shots, have been administered, according to the ministry.
Vietnam has by far gone through four coronavirus waves of increasing scale, complication and infectivity.
As of Thursday, the country has registered nearly 2.1 million locally transmitted COVID-19 cases since the start of the current wave in late April last year, the ministry said. – Xinhua
- First ballot scheduled for new Tory leader on Thursday
- National Lottery Set For Life live results for Thursday, June 20
- South Wales Echo letters: Thursday, June 20, 2019
- Your new-look Sunderland team for 2019/20
- Report: Derby U23s suffer narrow defeat to Chelsea in PL2 opener
- Liverpool's new away kit for 2019/20 has been revealed
- Liverpool's new 3rd kit for 2019/20 released
- NUFC 2-1 St Etienne match report
- LFC 3-1 NUFC match report: Magpies punished for errors
- Area what’s on: June 19
Vietnam reports 16,715 new Covid-19 cases on Thursday (Jan 20) have 197 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at January 20, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.