IN conjunction with Hari Raya Aidilfitri, a private hospital has donated items to a nursing home for senior citizens in Larkin, Johor Baru.
Columbia Asia Hospital Iskandar Puteri general manager Dr Ding Eng Li said the initiative, through its sports and recreational club, was part of its corporate social responsibility project.
"We decided to distribute essential items to help the 30 elderly folk currently at the Anwarul Mahabbah Care Centre (AMCC).
The donated items included cooking oil, adult disposable diapers and cleaning products.
Dr Ding said the hospital planned to organise more charity events to promote health awareness in Johor.
"This includes health screenings and talks by our medical specialists that I believe will benefit the public."
AMCC officer Hayati Saad thanked the hospital for its contribution.
"We also look forward to future collaborations in terms of health awareness activities and health screenings for our occupants," she said. – By YEE XIANG YUN
- Elderly woman waits outside Adelaide hospital in cold for hours as Labor pledges to fund hospital upgrade
- Bengaluru’s Victoria Hospital gets hyperbaric oxygen therapy unit for faster wound healing
- Court finds UK government acted unlawfully when moving elderly patients to care homes at start of pandemic
- Seoul to invest $490 million to build more public city hospitals
- UK boosts humanitarian support to help Ukraine’s hospitals under attack
- Pressure on Dutch Hospitals Mounts as Covid Cases Break Records
- Six care home residents rushed to hospital after fire at site - woman arrested
- Evacuees from Mariupol steel plant reach safety in Ukrainian city
- China's unvaccinated elderly prevent an end to covid lockdowns
- Uttar Pradesh: Man kills elder brother | Lucknow News - Times of India
Hospital reaches out to the elderly have 270 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.