BANGKOK, May 22 (The Nation Thailand/ANN): Thailand’s Public Health Ministry reported on Sunday (May 22) morning that in the past 24 hours there are 4,739 new patients who tested positive for Covid-19, five of whom have arrived in Thailand from abroad.
Death toll increased by 31, while 7,391 patients were cured and allowed to leave hospitals.
Cumulative cases in the country since January 1, 2022 are at 2,188,059.
The country's total caseload from Covid-19 stands at 4,411,494 – 4,325,956 of whom have recovered, 55,792 are still in hospitals and 29,746 have died.
Separately, another 22,199 people were given their first Covid-19 shot in the last 24 hours, 82,396 their second shot and 97,153 a booster, bringing the total number of Covid-19 vaccine doses administered nationwide to 136,265,374.
According to Worldometer, confirmed cases globally had risen to 527.27 million on Sunday, 497.22 million of whom have recovered, 23.75 million are active cases (38,107 in severe condition) and 6.3 million have died (up by 822).
Thailand ranks 24th in the global list of most cases, which is topped by the US with 84.98 million, followed by India with 43.14 million, Brazil with 30.78 million, France with 29.34 million and Germany with 26.08 million. – The Nation Thailand/ANN
- Measles cases reach record high in Europe
- Court records sealed in cases of women charged in baby's burning death
- Woman, 22, coldly denies murdering her own mother
- One soldier charged over Bloody Sunday deaths
- America Is Stuck With the Death Penalty for (at Least) a Generation
- Case review: Schoolgirl's death 'could not have been predicted'
- Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian attend Kanye West's Sunday Service in LA
- AG announces settlements after allegations that problems at nursing homes led to deaths
- McCanns hit with £29k bill after losing libel case against Portuguese cop
- 2.6M kids at risk as measles cases spike in the Philippines
It's below 5,000 cases now as Thailand records 4,739 Covid-19 cases and 31 deaths on Sunday (May 22) have 272 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 22, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.