PETALING JAYA: Investigations into the case involving Court of Appeals Judge Datuk Mohd Nazlan Mohd Ghazali has been completed, says the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).
“The probe that began in March has been finalised after collecting related evidence according to the fixed guidelines and procedures,” the anti-graft authority said in a statement on Saturday (May 21).
The MACC added that the investigation papers had been presented to the Attorney General's Chambers on May 18 for further review and action.
It was reported that the MACC had on April 29 defended its decision to investigate Mohd Nazlan, saying that it had the authority to do so against any “officers of public bodies”.
ALSO READ: A mysterious enclave no more
The MACC investigations came following claims by blogger Raja Petra Kamaruddin, alleging that there were funds transferred to Mohd Nazlan’s account during his time as the group general counsel and company secretary of Maybank.
Mohd Nazlan lodged a police report against Raja Petra on April 21, denying the accusations, which he said were malicious, baseless and aimed at tarnishing his credibility as a judge.
He was the High Court judge who had sentenced former premier Datuk Seri Najib Razak to 12 years jail and a RM210mil fine in July 2020 over the misappropriation of RM42mil of SRC International Sdn Bhd funds.
- The Latest: Separate probe considered for Virginia shooting
- Federal grand jury probing GOP fund-raiser Elliott Broidy
- Questions remain as probes dig into Virginia Beach shooting
- Japan says space probe landed on asteroid to get soil sample
- The Latest: Agency: Oklahoma police shooting probe ongoing
- Request for more prosecutors denied in fatal drug raid probe
- Facebook says it is under FTC antitrust probe
- Polish judges want lawmakers to probe hate campaign
- Guinea: Create Special Unit to Probe Protest Deaths
- Kremlin Official Falsely Claims Mueller “Admitted” Probe Found No Russian Interference
MACC completes probe on Mohd Nazlan have 330 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.