Facade of the PNP headquarters in Camp Crame. Image from pnp.gov.ph website
MANILA, Philippines — Philippine National Police (PNP) officer-in-charge Lt. Gen. Vicente Danao Jr. appointed the former area commander of the Eastern Visayas PNP as new Chief of the Directorial Staff, one of the key positions in the police organization.
PNP's Public Information Office (PNP-PIO) on Monday said that Lt. Gen. Manuel Abu will take over the PNP office for the Chief of Directorial Staff (TCDS), which is considered the fourth highest post in the PNP command.
PNP-PIO said that Abu as TCDS would supervise the management of personnel, along with other things police officers take part in like training, intelligence operations, community relations, and investigation.
"Police Lieutenant General Vicente D Danao Jr., Officer-in-Charge of the Philippine National Police has designated Police Lieutenant General Manuel M. Abu as PNP The Chief of Directorial Staff (TCDS), the 4th highest post in the PNP Command Group," PNP-PIO said.
"As Chief of Directorial Staff, Abu will supervise the operations of the ten PNP Directorial Staff in managing different staff functions of personnel management, intelligence, operations, logistics, plans, training and doctrine, research and development, police-community relations, and investigation," they added.
Abu is a part of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA) "Makatao" Class of 1989.
Danao said Abu would occupy a vital spot as he likened the TCDS post to a general manager slot in corporate setups.
"Compared to the corporate structure, the Chief PNP is equivalent to the President and CEO; the TDCA and TDCO as COO and CFO, while the TCDS is the General Manager," Danao explained.
Just before becoming PNP's officer-in-charge, Danao was also TCDS — when former PNP chief Gen. Dionardo Carlos was still at the helm. Carlos stepped down days before his 56th birthday last May 8, which placed the PNP at an interesting position due to the elections occurring a day after.
Still, Carlos assured back then that the PNP is ready for a smooth transition, even rallying officers to help Danao who succeeds him.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
- PH Air Force Black Hawk choppers sent to Mindanao
- Theaterisation of Armed Forces Next Logical Step After Appointment of CDS: Army Chief
- Kill list of 14 Russian commanders as generals 'pushed to front line' in Ukraine
- Putin loses 15th top commander in Ukraine invasion as Russia suffers worst deaths among top brass since World War Two
- Putin loses ANOTHER commander as latest Ukraine ambush kills eight soldiers in Russia’s shambolic invasion
- Things get worse for Putin as naval chief becomes sixth top military official to die
- Russian forces squeeze eastern Ukraine in pincer movement
- PNP forms task group to probe murder of retired police official
- PNP: Cops linked to disappearance of ‘e-sabong’ agents under probe, relieved
- Field Marshal Sir John Chapple, Chief of the General Staff during a time of post Cold War cutbacks – obituary
PNP’s former Eastern Mindanao commander is now chief of directorial staff have 505 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at May 16, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.