THE annual Sibu International Dance Festival (SIDF) is making a comeback after two years.
Themed "Jejak Angin" (Wind Trail), the event will take place from June 9 to 11 at the Civic Centre in Sibu, Sarawak.
The audience can expect a captivating show by 100 performers from around the world.
Speaking at the event's launch, festival director Chen Ing Kuang said six foreign troupes will be joining local artistes to showcase cultural performances.
They are Madhumita Raut Odissi Dance Group (India), Surya Medal Puteri Kencana (Indonesia), No.3355 (Japan), Albert Tiong Ing Siong, SCAPE Dance Residency and Singapore Chinese Dance Theatre (Singapore), and Team Vibe Worldwide from the Philippines.
The local troupes are from Sibu, Bintulu (Sarawak), Kuala Lumpur and Perak.
"Initially, we were only planning to have between 10 and 12 local troupes. However, with the reopening of borders and approval from Sarawak Tourism, Creative Industry and Performing Arts Ministry, we were able to invite foreign performers," said Chen.
He added that some of these foreign artistes had performed in the previous SIDF.
Among them are Surya Medal Puteri Kencana who performed in 2017, Team Vibe Worldwide in 2018 and the Singapore Chinese Dance Theatre in 2012.
Present at the launch were Tourism, Creative Industry and Performing Arts Ministry permanent secretary Hii Chang Kee.
Chen said the event would include workshops and seminars.
The show will be held over two nights on June 10 and 11.
The dance workshop and seminars are to be held at RH Hotel Sibu during the day.
Chen said an early bird promotion until May 25 would enable tickets to be purchased online for RM35 each.
Normal tickets are priced at RM50 while VIP tickets are RM100 each.
The event is organised by Hornland Dance Theatre and supported by the Sarawak Tourism, Creative Industry and Performing Arts Ministry and Sibu Municipal Council.
Tickets can be purchased via http://sidfestival.com/early-bird-promotion/
- DOC NYC documentary film festival returns: Check out these highlights
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 – Fans FEAR for Adam Peaty as he reveals he’s ‘not OK’ after Tilly Ramsay dance-off exit
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 news -Adam Peaty’s mum reignites fix row as fans swoon over Kai’s ‘famous’ dad
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 – Anton Du Beke updates fans on future as they demand Bruno’s return; plus BBC fix row latest
- Sydney Film Festival announces line-up strong on female filmmakers
- Why is there no Glastonbury in 2018? Festival isn't returning this year - but will be back in 2019
- Diana Ross confirms first ever Glastonbury Festival appearance in 'legends' slot
- Pregnant Christina Ricci, Elle Fanning, and Issa Rae glam up for Vulture Festival in Hollywood
- Weekend Revelry Cut Short After 2 Die at Electronic Music Festival
- Best festivals in the UK: top music and family-friendly weekends away in 2021
Sibu dance festival returns in June have 447 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.