A former model had accused Cristiano Ronaldo of assaulting her in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009.
Binance, the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volumes, said on Thursday it has signed a partnership with Cristiano Ronaldo for the promotion of non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
As part of the multi-year agreement, the Portuguese soccer star and Binance will create a series of NFT collections for sale on the company’s platform, the cryptocurrency exchange said, adding that the first collection would be released later this year.
An NFT is a digital asset that exists on a blockchain, a record of transactions kept on networked computers, and the blockchain serves as a public ledger, allowing anyone to verify the NFT’s authenticity and check who owns it.
Souring investor sentiment toward risky assets has led to a plunge in cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, and has also spilled over into NFTs, which exploded in popularity last year.
Crypto companies have been relying on sports partnerships in a bid to go mainstream. Last year, Crypto.com signed a $700 million deal to rename the Staples Center in Los Angeles as the Crypto.com Arena, while crypto exchange FTX Trading Ltd sold a stake to National Football League quarterback Tom Brady.
- World Cup 2018: Former Manchester United assistant Mike Phelan reveals the secrets behind Cristiano Ronaldo’s free-kicks
- World Cup 2018: Iran fear Cristiano Ronaldo backlash for Portugal after Harry Kane’s hat-trick
- World Cup 2018: What Cristiano Ronaldo has written on his boots for Portugal’s clash against Uruguay
- World Cup 2018: Cristiano Ronaldo helps injured Uruguay goal hero Edinson Cavani off pitch during Portugal last-16 clash
- World Cup 2018: Cristiano Ronaldo’s girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez watches anxiously from stands during Portugal vs Uruguay
- Cristiano Ronaldo's stoppage-time penalty ends Juventus fightback as Gianluigi Buffon sees red
- Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo 'doesn't understand' Juventus protests against last-gasp penalty
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid star drops retirement claim after Portugal exit World Cup
- Cristiano Ronaldo is still pivotal to Portugal side battling Father Time
- Luis Suarez v Cristiano Ronaldo head to head
Binance scores Cristiano Ronaldo as partner for NFT push have 330 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.