The upcoming Cabinet reshuffle will likely occur in early June.
This was announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong to media in response to questions about updates on the Cabinet movements, The Straits Times ( ST ) reported.
Hopes to do it around early June
According to ST , PM Lee shared this information after the ASEAN-United States Special Summit in Washington D.C. on Friday (May 13, U.S. time).
He said that Cabinet changes were in progress and that he expected these changes would be announced after finishing his upcoming overseas trips.
He also said that he is working on the reshuffle but had to focus on his trips, ST added.
“But I am working at it and hope I shall be able to do it once I am done with my trips, which means early June.”
PM Lee was in Washington D.C. from May 10 to May 14 for the ASEAN-U.S. Special Summit . He is scheduled to go to Tokyo to speak at the 27th International Conference on the Future of Asia on May 26 and 27.
The last Cabinet reshuffle took place on Apr. 23, 2021 and saw Lawrence Wong becoming Minister for Finance, Chan Chun Sing becoming Minister for Education, and Ong Ye Kung becoming Minister for Health.
The upcoming Cabinet reshuffle will likely result in Wong, who was recently announced to be the new leader of the 4G team and will likely be the next prime minister, becoming deputy prime minister, according to ST .
Recent Cabinet reshuffles:
Follow and listen to our podcast here
Top photos via YouTube/PMO.
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan reshuffles cabinet on court’s directive
- Michael Gove will SURVIVE Boris Johnson's New Year reshuffle: Downing Street says Cabinet Office Minister is doing an 'excellent job' on Brexit and the pandemic
- Maharashtra cabinet decides to rename colonies that have caste-based names
- Delay in cabinet expansion of Nitish Kumar govt raises eyebrows
- Tory fury as 'impact assessment' of new Tiers claims it is 'NOT possible' to gauge hit to economy: PM faces backlash as he pushes ahead with crippling restrictions despite UK recording 12,330 cases in lowest Monday toll since September
- In BJP reshuffle, Ram Madhav replaced; Tejasvi Surya promoted
- PM announces second lockdown to avoid 'medical and moral disaster': Non-essential shops will shut and travel is banned under restrictions that start on THURSDAY and run for a month with furlough scheme EXTENDED - but schools can still open
- 'The wheels are coming off': PM faces '100-strong' Tory revolt in Tiers vote TODAY as Labour abstains amid claims of ANOTHER secret dossier on economic hit – but Michael Gove insists Welsh lockdown shambles shows why tough restraints MUST stay
- Matt Hancock delivers another hint low-infection areas WILL be downgraded in two weeks as PM reels from 55-strong Tory revolt amid warnings he faces 'problems by Christmas' unless tiers are eased
- Early Elections Loom in Israel Amid Gantz-Netanyahu Coalition's Possible Divorce
Cabinet reshuffle likely to take place in early June: PM Lee have 482 words, post on mothership.sg at June 25, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.