MANILA, Philippines — A Chinese national has been arrested by local police after kidnapping his compatriot in Makati City, the Southern Police District (SPD) said.
Reports from the SPD on Tuesday showed that a 35-year-old female Chinese national appeared before the Makati City Police on Monday to report a kidnapping incident involving her 24-year-old brother.
Man in handcuffs. Stock photo / INQUIRER.net
According to the complainant, the victim, a grocery operator, did not return home last June 25. She also reported receiving a video through messaging app Telegram that shows the victim being mauled by an identified person.
On Monday, the complainant received another message demanding P3 million in exchange for the release of her brother. The supposed ransom money should be brought to a hotel in Pasay City.
After receiving this information, the SPD said the Makati City Police immediately went to the said hotel and tracked down the suspect. Authorities managed to locate and arrest the alleged abductor, who was identified as a certain Cai Guijia, male, 26 years old, from Makati City's Barangay Tejeros. Police said Guijia is also a Chinese national.
The victim was also rescued during the operation.
According to the SPD, cases for kidnapping and serious illegal detention are now being prepared against the suspect who is under the custody of the Makati City Police.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
- Duterte Banks on China Ties to Repair War-Torn Philippine City
- Germany Toughens Stance and Blocks China Deal
- Nothing New Under The Gun: Ukraine Deploys Old Ruse In Babchenko's Staged Slaying
- Immortal Regiment March to Commemorate WWII Participants Held Across Globe
- Japan, China and South Korea agree to cooperate on North Korea nuclear programme
- POLITICO London Playbook: What to do about Syria — Facebook in the dock — Royal wedding snub
- Conspiracy theory claims Trump is a 'secret genius who pretended to collude with Russia to defeat child sex traffickers'
- North Korean claims he was duped into defecting by South Korean intelligence
Chinese national nabbed for abducting compatriot in Makati City have 326 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at June 28, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.