Ewan McGregor says his divorce was like a bomb detonating in his family.
The Star Wars actor, 51, had been married to Eve Mavrakis, 56, for 22 years when pictures emerged of him kissing his 37-year-old Fargo co-star Mary Elizabeth Winstead in 2017.
His daughter Clara, 26, branded the actress a “piece of trash” for having a fling with her dad – whom she branded an “a******”.
Finally admitting the damage his affair did to his loved ones, Ewan said: “A divorce in a family is a bomb going off in everyone’s life – my children’s lives.
“The, sort of, healing of that is on-going.”
Ewan’s divorce was finalised in 2020, with him reportedly agreeing to pay Eve £40,000 (S$68,000) a month, plus sharing royalties from his films, in settlement.
He is now appearing in You Sing Loud, I Sing Louder, a film which also stars Clara who wrote the screenplay.
It tells of a father taking his daughter to rehab and is loosely based on Clara’s recovery from an addiction to prescription drugs.
Ewan added to GQ magazine: “She tells me she’d come up with an idea about writing about us.
“At first, I was a bit nervous – I didn’t know what that meant. I sat down to read it and I was blown away.
“It was a beautiful story about us. There’re things that aren’t accurate or are bent – but they still reflect our estrangement for a while.”
Clara later apologised for her remarks about Winstead, admitting they weren’t her “finest hour”.
Ewan and Mary, who share one-year-old son Laurie, were reported to have married in April.
- Ewan McGregor on ‘Long Way Up’: ‘Just two guys on our bikes having a good time’
- Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Miniseries Has an Official Start Date Confirms Ewan McGregor
- Ewan McGregor Reflects on Star Wars Prequel Hate, Is Excited for Obi-Wan Miniseries
- Ewan McGregor Returned as Obi-Wan Kenobi on The Mandalorian Set for Costume Tests
- Long Way Up: Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman deliver another engrossing ride
- Hero cop alerted to terrorist ‘praying’ 32 minutes before Manchester Arena bomb detonated killing 22
- Austin bombings suspect kills himself as police close in
- Austin bombing suspect called himself a "psychopath," congressman says
- Keeping Up With The Kardashians has no spinoffs planned says producer Ryan Seacrest: 'We have not crossed that bridge yet'
- Inside the FBI's race to stop Austin, Texas, bombing spree
Ewan McGregor says his divorce was like bomb detonating in the family have 407 words, post on www.asiaone.com at June 28, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.