Graphic representation of the national ID. INQUIRER.net
MANILA, Philippines — Senator Grace Poe called on the government to address the delays in the printing and delivering the National ID.
"The government must address the delays in the printing and delivery of the National ID to provide our people a valid proof of identity in one card. The long wait of six months to over a year to get the ID is unjustifiable," Poe said in a statement on Thursday.
"The National ID could have been the trusted card used for the speedy distribution of cash aid, fuel vouchers, health benefits, and other basic services that Filipinos desperately need to help tide them over the challenging times," she added.
Poe, chairperson of the Senate public services committee, said the National ID would have made public and private transactions "less cumbersome and trying."
"As it continues to encourage the public to sign up, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) must ensure the veracity and accuracy of the data in the card and open avenues for modifications if needed," she said.
"With more than half of the population registered, the Filipinos have given the program a chance. It's high time that the government does its share by delivering the National ID to our citizens without further delay," the senator added.
In December last year, the PSA reported that over 50 million Filipinos have registered for the National ID, reaching its benchmark goal for 2021. — Iliana Padigos, trainee
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
- 2008 NCAA Title - For Kansas Coach Bill Self The Long Wait Is Over As His Jayhawks Outlast Memphis
- Understanding the REAL ID
- Understanding Photo ID Systems and Their Many Uses
- ID Card Lamination For Extra Protection & Security
- Long-Term Care Insurance - Helps You Plan For Your Future
- Long-Term Care Insurance - A Simple Explanation
- Real ID Really Hurts
- National Security - A Controversial Essential
- Sequoia National Park Holds Underground Surprises
- National Lottery Affiliate Marketing Program
Long wait for national ID unjustifiable — Poe have 349 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.