KUALA LUMPUR: A senior lecturer of a local university was charged in the two Sessions Courts here on Monday (June 27) with misappropriating funds for a research project and using as genuine a forged document.
Dr Mohamad Zulkefli Adam, 56, however, pleaded not guilty to all the charges.
In the court before judge Suzana Hussain, he was charged in his capacity as the Project Leader of the Research-Based Foundation For Sustainable Agriculture Entrepreneurship (Smart Rural) with five counts of dishonestly misappropriating RM32,000 belonging to the Central Terengganu Development Authority (Ketengah).
The offence, under Section 403 of the Penal Code, was allegedly committed at Maybank Berhad’s Jalan Raja Muda branch here between Sept 3 and Oct 26, 2017.
He faces a jail term for up to five years, with whipping and is also liable with fine, if found guilty.
Judge Suzana allowed him bail of RM15,000 with one surety for the five charges and ordered him to surrender his passport to the court.
In another Sessions Court before judge Azura Alwi, Mohamad Zulkefli was charged with using as genuine a forged invoice for RM10,100 at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) Kuala Lumpur on Aug 11, 2017.
He was allowed bail of RM5,000 for the offence and both the courts set Aug 11 for mention.
Deputy public prosecutor Muhammad Asraf Mohamed Tahir prosecuted in both cases, while the lecturer was represented by lawyer Mazlan Mohd Zain. – Bernama
- Texas Democratic Party Leader Funded ‘Voter Fraud Ring,’ Says AG
- Roger Stone Indictment Uses Russia ‘Hack’ Conclusions from Google-Linked Company
- Accountants testify Manafort falsified loan documents, hid foreign income on taxes
- U.S. officials charge NRA-linked Russian with acting as Kremlin agent
- Trump Associate Roger Stone Arrested, Charged in Mueller Probe
- Mother and Daughter Charged in Elaborate $1.8M Federal Student Aid Scheme
- An Eye-Scanning Lie Detector Is Forging a Dystopian Future
- How financial institutions can drive digital innovation using existing IT spend
- Captive Audience: How Companies Make Millions Charging Prisoners to Send An Email
- Dems’ Tactic Echoes Clinton Operatives: Stall Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation by Demanding Documents
Senior lecturer charged with dishonest misappropriation of funds, use of forged document have 323 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at June 27, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.