BUDAPEST, July 2 (Xinhua) — With no surprise, it was another winning day for the Chinese diving team at the FINA world championships as Chen Yiwen took the lead from her first dive to win the women’s 3m springboard gold at the Duna Arena here on Saturday.
The 23-year-old hit 366.90 points to win the 11th gold for China in a row in this event at the worlds, also the 11th diving gold for her country in this year’s edition.
Another Chinese Chang Yani moved up from fifth place to win the bronze with a flawless last dive which earned her 72 points and a total of 325.85 from five rounds. Canada’s Mia Vallee took the silver with 329 points.
- AP WAS THERE: 2008 Beijing Olympics - Phelps wins 8 golds
- Capsule previews for the basketball World Cup
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks advance toward record high on stimulus; gold crashes
- World Athletics Championships: Fraser-Pryce cruises to gold in 100 metres
- One question hung over 2008 Games: Would they change China?
- Russia, China Forge Uneasy Anti-U.S. Relationship Amid COVID-19
- Vietnam claims historic SEA Games gold in men’s team table tennis
- Meet 20-year old Neelakanta Bhanu Prakash who won ‘World’s Fastest Human Calculator’ title
- 21-year old Neelakanta Bhanu Prakash bags 'World's Fastest Human Calculator' title
- 21-year old Delhi University student Neelakanta Bhanu Prakash bags 'World's Fastest Human Calculator' title
China wins 11th gold in 11 diving events at FINA worlds have 216 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 3, 2022. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.