Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/mothershipsg Previously appearing as a guest in the Qi Yuwu episode , Ng recently found herself in the hot seat in Guo Liang's talk show, " The Inner Circle ". The candid host and actress shares about feeling underserving of her second Best Variety Show Host award, shooting her "topless" debut album cover, and her first acting gig as a courtesan. Cried in the toilet after winning award While she was very excited the first time she received the Best Variety Show Host award, Ng disclosed that it was not the case when it came to winning it the second time. "I felt a lot of pressure," Ng admitted, "because the other nominees were you (Guo), Diana See, Wang Yanqing," and Sharon Au. "It was very memorable for me. That day, everyone believed I'd win. I thought, it can't be me, please don't let it be me." Ng was referring to her second win in a row for hosting "City Beat" during the Star Awards 1999. ... » Learn More about Kym Ng told to pose ‘topless’ for album cover in the 90s as she was deemed not famous enough
Assupol funeral cover
Radhiyya Indra (The Jakarta Post) PREMIUM Jakarta ● Wed, September 15 2021 As schools start reopening once more, several teachers are wary about students’ safety given their schools’ lack of preparation and reluctance to be strict As a result of the decrease in COVID-19 cases in Indonesia, Education and Culture Minister Nadiem Makarim has yet again pushed to reopen schools. Preparations are now being taken by elementary to high schools to maximize in-class learning, especially in Jakarta and cities across Java that are implementing levels 1 to 3 of the public activity restrictions (PPKM). However, some parents have shown concern over the hasty move, given that they have just, if at all, gotten out of the second wave of COVID-19. Some of them believe that, despite health protocols... to Read Full Story SUBSCRIBE NOW Starting from IDR 55,000/month Unlimited access to our web and app content e-Post daily digital newspaper No advertisements, no ... » Learn More about Cover-ups and crowded classes: Indonesian schools not ready to reopen, educators say
A tarpaulin poster reminding the public to wear face masks is installed at the busy corner of Quezon Avenue and Agham Road in Quezon City. With COVID-19 cases in Metro Manila remains high, the Department of Health says people should not be complacent and continue observing minimum health and safety protocols. This photo was taken in June 2021. (File photo by NIÑO JESUS ORBETA / Philippine Daily Inquirer) MANILA, Philippines — The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of the Emerging Infectious Diseases released on Monday a list of businesses establishments and activities that will be allowed in Metro Manila once its local government units start the pilot run on of granular lockdowns and new alert level system on Sept. 16. READ: Metro Manila to start pilot run of new COVID-19 alert level system on Sept. 16 Under the new alert system, determining which activities are allowed will depend on the so-called 3Cs: Will the activity be conducted in areas that are closed, crowded, ... » Learn More about What businesses, activities are allowed under new COVID-19 alert level system?
Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/mothershipsg The Ministry of Health (MOH) has confirmed 457 new Covid-19 cases in Singapore on Thursday (Sep. 9). This brings the total number of Covid-19 cases reported in Singapore to 70,039. 450 local cases Among the cases are 450 local Covid-19 infections. 108 of them are seniors who are above 60 years old. Seven imported cases There are also seven imported cases, who have already been placed on Stay-Home Notice (SHN) or isolated upon arrival in Singapore. Of these, three were detected upon arrival in Singapore, while four developed the illness during SHN or isolation. 57th death Case 65,636, a 62-year-old male Singaporean, has passed away from complications due to Covid-19 infection on Sep. 6, 2021. He had been conveyed to Singapore General Hospital (SGH) for an unrelated medical condition on July 20 and tested positive for Covid-19 infection on July 21. He had not been ... » Learn More about S’pore reports 57th Covid-19 death, 457 new cases
Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates on Covid-19: https://t.me/mothershipsg An American expat in Singapore has taken to YouTube on Sunday, Sep. 5 to appeal for help in locating a Good Samaritan here who lent him and his family an umbrella in the pouring rain the day before. Using YouTube to reach out In the YouTube video, "Dear Singapore, I need your help!" , Travis, who is also known as "American in Singapore", explained that he hoped to leverage the power of social media to find and thank the mystery man who offered his umbrella without hesitation. Travis has dedicated his YouTube channel to offer his take on life in Singapore having moved here in August 2020 . What happened Travis shared that he and his family were walking home post-dinner on Saturday, Sep. 4 from the Duxton Hill, when it started to rain. Travis and his family were near Tanjong Pagar and walking in the direction of Tiong Bahru. According to him, they were walking along the ... » Learn More about American expat seeking Good Samaritan in S’pore who offered him umbrella in pouring rain & left
RESERVE Bank of Australia (RBA) governor Philip Lowe has a coffee mug in his office inscribed with the words “half full.” Lowe says he’s an optimist about next year, as do many of his peers. They’ll have to make it through 2021 first. The global economy is in for a choppy future that may provide few convincing signals about the vitality and duration of the recovery. Just as analysts and investors were beginning to worry that growth was bouncing back too sharply and bottlenecks were adding to inflation concerns, the Covid-19 Delta variant has stalled commercial activity. If we aren’t back to square one, we have lost significant ground. That’s making central bankers’ task of reining in monetary accommodation – never easy in the best of times – even trickier. Proceed too fast and growth may be set back or, worse, policymakers have to stage a humiliating retreat. Go too slow and risk overheating, should the lull prove to be only a blip. Varied approach The varied approach of ... » Learn More about Insight – Is the global recovery over or just on pause?
PETALING JAYA: The number of unemployed increased slightly to 778,200 persons resulting in July’s unemployment rate remaining at 4.8%, according to the Department of Statistics. The unemployment rate for the month remained at 4.8% as compared to the previous month while year-on-year, declined by 0.1 percentage point (July 2020: 4.7%). Hence, the number of labour force in July 2021 was slightly higher by 0.04% (June 2021: 0.2% lower) to register 16.07 million persons after registering decreases in the preceding months. The labour force participation rate during the month stood at 68.3%. By economic sector, all sectors posted month-on-month declines except for the services sector with a small positive change after registering a decline in the previous month. Food and beverage services, transport and storage, and information and communications were among the main contributors to the positive growth in the services sector. The country’s chief statistician Datuk Seri Mohd Uzir ... » Learn More about July unemployment rate remains at 4.8%
BRISBANE: Australia’s central bankers are set to revisit the question of whether to delay a planned taper of bond purchases as a worsening outbreak of the Delta variant dims prospects of a rapid economic rebound. Ten of 16 economists surveyed by Bloomberg expect the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) will defer scaling back quantitative easing (QE) today. That’s despite governor Philip Lowe saying after August’s meeting that the impact of such a move wouldn’t help the economy much and that the government was better placed to offer support. “The governor argued strongly in favour of the taper plan last month on the grounds that additional QE would largely impact 2022 growth – which still looks likely to be strong – and that fiscal policy was more appropriate,” said Andrew Boak, chief economist for Australia at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. “Both these arguments remain as valid as they were a month ago.” At its previous meeting in August, the RBA held on to its plans to scale back ... » Learn More about Australia faces renewed taper debate
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The top European Union court backed French champagne makers on Thursday who had argued that their protection under EU law should extend far beyond banning rival sparkling wine producers from putting the word "champagne" on their bottles. The champagne makers' association (CIVC) is seeking to prohibit a chain of tapas bars in Spain from using "champanillo", Spanish for "little champagne", on signs and on social media. The commercial court of Barcelona rejected the CIVC's claims since the Champanillo sign was not intended to designate an alcoholic beverage, but rather catering premises where champagne is not sold, and so products other than those protected and targeting a different market. The CIVC appealed to Barcelona's provincial court. That court sought guidance from the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) on whether protected designations of origin (PDO), such as champagne, covered services as well as products. The CJEU said they did cover ... » Learn More about Top EU court gives broad protection to term ‘champagne’
Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/mothershipsg As Singapore's vaccination rate grows steadily and the economy gradually reopens — a slew of Covid-19 restrictions were eased in early August allowing people to dine in and other businesses like gyms and fitness studios to operate again — one can say that a sense of normalcy has returned. For most people in Singapore, that is. Singapore's entertainment industry is still in shambles, and for the many family karaoke operators here, the indefinite nightmare brought about by the pandemic is far from over. In their last bid to fight for survival, several KTV operators crafted an appeal letter to request for a reopening on September 15, which they sent to their Members of Parliament (MPs), these include the Multi-Ministry Taskforce co-chairs Gan Kim Yong, Lawrence Wong, and Ong Ye Kung. Hoping for some clarity Since March 2020, all nightlife establishments were not permitted to operate. In ... » Learn More about ‘I really can’t hang on’: S’pore’s family KTV operators craft appeal letter & take grievances to Meet-the-People sessions